Laptop recommendation for video editing and VFX!

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether anyone could recommend a laptop for me. Currently I am on a film technology and VFX course and I also edit on premiere pro. I currently have a Macbook pro 2017- 13 in (i5, 8gb) which is struggling to keep up with anything media related. (As I said, choosing a macbook was my downfall haha).

Currently I am planning to sell my laptop and then top up the extra money needed to buy a new laptop. Currently I have my eye on the Dell XPS as it seems to have the specs that I want and I have seen some good reviews about it. However whilst watching reviews, there were some issues stated with the fact that it very easily throttles and doesn't live up to its specification for speed. I was also told previously that the XPS is an 'over glorified Facebook machine', which is fair enough. I stupidly only realised that the only ports that the XPS has is usb c/thunderbolt ports, which would mean that I will have to live through dongle hell again:P

Does anyone have recommendations for any laptops with suitable specs? I feel like I need at least 16 gb of memory and a good/ capable graphics card (doesn't have to be the newest). I have been looking at some gaming pcs, but I feel like they are too flashy/heavy haha.

My budget is around £1400-£1700.

Thanks!