New Headset Causing Mic issues

Lukep123

Hello everyone,
I just bought the Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC. Using it via Bluetooth and has been great.

It works perfectly on my Windows Surface Pro 6 but seem to encounter a problem on my PC.
I have done a few interviews and Discord/Skype calls and have been tld my voice is perfect via my Surface but sounds robotic and dreadful via my PC.

The only difference I have found is;
Laptop input = Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio SST)
PC input = Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)

I thought maybe my voice was coming through the surface itself and not the headset mic, however I went down stairs away from the surfce and the voice still worked while I was quite some distance away from the Surface.

My PC specs if this makes any difference;

Core i5-4690K 3.50GHz
Asus Z97-K Intel
No sound card (If this makes a difference)

Surface specs:
Surace Pro specs:Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor

I know the CPU is much better on the Surface, but would this cause mic issues? Considering my old Razer Kraken Pro had 0 issues (But it was wired).
I have tried to update the drivers, search for windows updates etc but no luck.

No other inputs showing up on the pc (not accidentally using a webcam's mic or something... maybe try walking away like with the Surface)?

CPU shouldn't matter. 

Maybe the bluetooth reception is poor with the PC. Try a usb bluetooth dongle on a usb extension cable (so it is out in the open) if you have one and haven't already. 

19 minutes ago, WWicket said:

No other inputs showing up on the pc (not accidentally using a webcam's mic or something... maybe try walking away like with the Surface)?

CPU shouldn't matter. 

Maybe the bluetooth reception is poor with the PC. Try a usb bluetooth dongle on a usb extension cable (so it is out in the open) if you have one and haven't already. 

I have the 4.50 BTNC and it gives no voice or recording issues.  As the chap above said buy a nice bluetooth dongle like 10 to 20 bucks and that can possibly defeat the issue your having.  good luck

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

19 minutes ago, WWicket said:

CPU shouldn't matter. 

Hey. No other inputs showing on PC. Only;
Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio) & The Headset Audio (Which is worse than default Audio on both the Surface and PC).

I thought the CPU didn't matter but I was told by Microsoft support (lol) that I need to update my CPU or purchase a soundcard. At the moment the bluebooth is connected via a USB dongle extension.

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

I have the 4.50 BTNC and it gives no voice or recording issues.  As the chap above said buy a nice bluetooth dongle like 10 to 20 bucks and that can possibly defeat the issue your having.  good luck

Hey. What Input device are you using in your sound settings / bluetooth device? It does work perfect via my Surface but producs problems only on my PC.

The bluetooth device I'm using it; https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071R2M5Z1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 minutes ago, Lukep123 said:

Hey. No other inputs showing on PC. Only;
Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio) & The Headset Audio (Which is worse than default Audio on both the Surface and PC).

I thought the CPU didn't matter but I was told by Microsoft support (lol) that I need to update my CPU or purchase a soundcard. At the moment the bluebooth is connected via a USB dongle extension.

Hey. What Input device are you using in your sound settings / bluetooth device? It does work perfect via my Surface but producs problems only on my PC.

The bluetooth device I'm using it; https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071R2M5Z1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what I use on PC ASUS BT Dongle

It is 12 bucks and well worth it and should fix your situation.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

9 hours ago, Turtle Rig said:

Hey, thanks for the tip, I'll purchase this now and hopefully it fixes the issue. I only purchased my one because they all seemed to be "3Mbps" rate. Will this new device improve anything specific over my old device? (So I know in the future what I'm looking for).
I assume the advice from Windows about purchasing a Soundcard or needing to upgrade my PC is a load of crap?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 12:34 AM, Turtle Rig said:

Hi, an update. I bought the device and it didn't improve.