RTX 2080 Super bottlenecked by Moba?

Hi there guys!

So TL;DR is, I upgraded my GPU to an Aorus RTX 2080 Super because I got an Asus Rog Swift PG27VQ monitor. The problem is, my GPU seems to be bottle necked and it doesn't seem to be my CPU causing it. 

I attached an example.
I overclocked my GPU and didn't notice a difference.
But when I opened up my task manager I noticed that even during a benchmark on Gears of War, it was just running at a max of 4% to 6%. 
Meanwhile my frame rate seldom goes over a 100 FPS. 
The max refresh rate on my monitor is 165 Hz, so I would really like to get the extra 60 frame out of it some how.

My CPU isn't maxed out either by the looks of things, so I don't think it's causing the bottle neck, but  I wonder if it could be the PCIE lanes on my Moba. Like are they possibly causing the bottle neck in this case?

Here's a full breakdown of my setup.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600
GPU: RTX 2080 Super
Motherboard: Asus B350 Prime Plus
RAM: Corsair vengeance RGB 3000 MHz (16 GB - X2 8GB)
Storage:
- M.2 NVME Corsair MP 510 960GB,
- Team Force Delta RGB 1TB SSD,
- Western Digital Blue 1TB
PSU: Raidmax Thunder RX-735 AP
Monitors:
Primary - Asus Rog Swift PG27VQ
Secondary - Acer AL2216W

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm planning on upgrading again in 2 week time anyway, but I'd ideally like to pinpoint the cause of the bottle neck so I can update it first and eliminate the guess work :) 
I know my CPU might cause a potential bottle neck in the ideal scenario, but currently it doesn't even seem like it's being maxed out either. 

Setting in the bench mark were all maxed out and frame rate was unlocked. 
The thermals on my CPU and GPU were also fine ( both were below 60 degrees, so there's no thermal throttling here either )  
I saw the same thing when running a benchmark on 3D bench. My GPU doesn't run at 100%, even in GPU weighted tests
Same seems to happen in games like Quake RTX and even Monster Hunter World. 
In Monster Hunter World, my frame rate also stuck at 100 FPS or below, but my GPU only goes up to 20% to 30% (Also with all settings maxed out and DLSS enabled) 

Hope you guys can help or make a suggestion 

Bottleneck.jpg

Edited by OM3G4_247

CPU bottleneck on a single core, that's why you see low total usage. Which is to be expected, since your CPU has pretty low single thread performance. Only 1800 points here: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

You've got a balance issue in your build, you've got one of the best GPU's on the market paired with a CPU that has been updated twice..once being to an entirely new platform.  Swap out your CPU for a 3000 series Ryzen, or even a 2000 series, and I'd imagine your problem will be solved.  If you don't want to upgrade your MOBO, then I'd say go with a 2700 because I'm pretty sure the B350 MOBO's can't upgrade to Zen 2.  Someone, please correct me if i'm wrong. 

@pstarlord & @Monarch

I feel like such a n00bie now ?

You guys were dead on the money.

Short version is, I overclocked my CPU a bit just to test it.
Then ran the benchmarks again.

Mix benchmarks saw an average frame rate improvement of 3-4 FPS
While GPU weighted tasks saw 10-20 extra FPS!

Yeah, I'll upgrade my mobo and CPU for sure :)

Thanks for all your help guys!

I didn't actually think the CPU would cause a bottleneck ... 

2 hours ago, OM3G4_247 said:

@pstarlord & @Monarch

I feel like such a n00bie now ?

You guys were dead on the money.

Short version is, I overclocked my CPU a bit just to test it.
Then ran the benchmarks again.

Mix benchmarks saw an average frame rate improvement of 3-4 FPS
While GPU weighted tasks saw 10-20 extra FPS!

Yeah, I'll upgrade my mobo and CPU for sure :)

Thanks for all your help guys!

I didn't actually think the CPU would cause a bottleneck ... 

That's what the forum is for.  I'm not going to claim to know everything, but what I do know I learned 100% from this forum and its members.  Keep asking questions, keep being nice and people will help you out to the end of the earth and back here.  

Have fun!  Good luck with the upgrade!  Let us know how it goes!  I'm upgrading to a Zen 2 platform this year as well.