What do you hate about the G305

Minkov

I`m about to buy the mouse and I want to know what bad things I can face.

Definitely the shape, depending on how you hold your mouse. The sides are tapered quite aggressively and it makes it hard to grip from the side if you're a palm-gripper like I am.

Below I've taken a picture of my G305 from the back - mostly because I couldn't find any pics of it from the back online - and you can see how sloped the sides go, it's like a cliff.

IMG_1939.thumb.JPG.db375522b0f54c45aebb7ee027887450.JPG

I would actually say the general shape of the mouse as well is quite small, using a ruler, it's roughly 11cm in length., 6cm at the widest point, and 3.5cm at the highest point.

The mouse also uses a single AA battery which can be a bad thing or a good thing depending on who you are and how many spare batteries you have.

In my experience, a single AA battery can last the mouse around 5-6 months on 1000Hz polling rate.

If you want extra information and insight from myself, I have previously written a review of my experience with the mouse, as I go more in-depth there about the size, shape, and feel, as well as the other aspects such as the wireless connectivity.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

For some, maybe the lack of customization of macros on the side of the mouse. I know a lot of people prefer to have macros programmed to their mice and this one doesn't have that available. So perhaps if you're not into that anyway, than it won't be such a deal breaker. It's light weight, great sensor, wireless (response is as good as wired), and it looks sleek. 

Edit: Editing due to the post above mine. As a claw gripper I cannot say too much, claw grip feels more universal in terms of mouse usage, aside from the smaller mice on the market. Palm grip will greatly change opinions from a claw grip. The shape of the mouse is a bit odd now that I think of it. 

11 minutes ago, DVA said:

For some, maybe the lack of customization of macros on the side of the mouse. I know a lot of people prefer to have macros programmed to their mice and this one doesn't have that available.

I'm not sure if you meant the general lack of the amount of buttons, but for the two additional buttons on the side, you are able to re-program them through legacy Logitech Gaming Software or the newer G-Hub, especially when G-Shift exists.

For an example, I've set my two extra buttons to Open Task Manager and Open Start. I usually have these set to Volume Up & Volume Down, and in temporary G-Shift mode to Forward & Back.

image.png.f2d4f01a9d769a9e141aeece8bca0a69.png

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Just now, sowon said:

I'm not sure if you meant the general lack of the amount of buttons, but for the two additional buttons on the side, you are able to re-program them through legacy Logitech Gaming Software or the newer G-Hub, especially when G-Shift exists.

For an example, I've set my two extra buttons to Open Task Manager and Open Start. I usually have these set to Volume Up & Volume Down, and in temporary G-Shift mode to Forward & Back.

image.png.f2d4f01a9d769a9e141aeece8bca0a69.png

You are correct, I should have specified the lack of physical buttons rather

-> Moved to Peripherals

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's quite small and really needs 1 more button, but it's a great mouse all round. Best wireless I've ever used, by a long shot

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I had the 304 and 305 they both started double clicking after a few months. Wireless mice by Logitech such not going to lie. They break pretty quickly just check some 1 star reviews.

Overall I don't recommend buying wireless because of their lifespan you are better off buying a cheap  gaming Logitech mouse