Laptop Recomendations?

Need to buy a Laptop for college, and im unsure what to get.

My thought process is that getting a model with a Ryzen 5 will last me longer, and Vega integrated Graphics are way better than intel ones.

I will mostly use it to take notes or browse.

But id like to be able to play some light games like League of Legends on it from time to time.

I dont know if i can trust intel integrated graphics with that.

And i dont know how having a deticated GPU will affect battery life if only using light applications like office or a browser.

Can anyone recommend something from about 400-700€ 

For now i would buy hp 255 G7 NOTEBOOK (6UK06ES) wich should be able to run League and has a decent battery.

I feel like i could be missing out on some good deals not looking at any intel modes but i dont know what to look for.

Don't buy that HP. It's utter crap in most departments.

Look at a business class device. Something from the Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell Latitude or HP EliteBook range.

If those models are too expensive, look at Dell Vostro or HP ProBook. 

Basically, a business class device will be quiet, cool, very durable and reliable, water/dust/sand resistant, will be able to survive drops or impacts AND also business laptops have phenomenal battery life.

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Look at a business class device. Something from the Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell Latitude or HP EliteBook range.

Basically, a business class device will be quiet, cool, very durable and reliable, water/dust/sand resistant, will be able to survive drops or impacts AND also business laptops have phenomenal battery life.

Why would that laptop be bad?

has a ryzen 5 2500U with Vega 8

41 watthour battery

8 gb ram, wich is enough

256gb ssd is enough and upgradeable

2 minutes ago, Umbranoctuna said:

Why would that laptop be bad?

has a ryzen 5 2500U with Vega 8

41 watthour battery

8 gb ram, wich is enough

256gb ssd is enough and upgradeable

Extremely cheap caps, fetts and PCB components. Very likely to die. Poor quality chassis and insufficient cooling. A pretty bad display and cheap charger. Need more or reasons? For 300 euros it's fine. For 500-700, never.

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Extremely cheap caps, fetts and PCB components. Very likely to die. Poor quality chassis and insufficient cooling. A pretty bad display and cheap charger. Need more or reasons? For 300 euros it's fine. For 500-700, never.

alright im going to look at the things you reccomended.

one more question, what about dedicated GPU and battery life ?

Just now, Umbranoctuna said:

alright im going to look at the things you reccomended.

one more question, what about dedicated GPU and battery life ?

It's usually not something that pacts battery life. Unless you want to game on battery.

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

Sorry for the off topic post but speaking of Vostro, my wife has a Dell Vostro 5470 since like 5 years and it still runs perfect! Those are solid machines and are priced very well IMO.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

15 minutes ago, Ultra Male said:

Sorry for the off topic post but speaking of Vostro, my wife has a Dell Vostro 5470 since like 5 years and it still runs perfect! Those are solid machines and are priced very well IMO.

Vostro/ProBook are the entry levels business lines. Not as great as Latitudes and EliteBooks but still very capable.

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Vostro/ProBook are the entry levels business lines. Not as great as Latitudes and EliteBooks but still very capable.

so i browed a little and so far im very disapointed, only bad deals it seems. but i think i found the ones that are somewhat decent, but i still dont know

https://www.dell.com/de-de/work/shop/dell-notebooks/inspiron-15-5000/spd/inspiron-15-5584-laptop/bn55410

this one has realy good specs, and is for that so much cheaper than the other models, that there musst be a huge tradeof im not seing

and these 2 seem to be almost identical besides the name and battery, so why is the price diff so huge.

https://www.dell.com/de-de/work/shop/dell-notebooks/latitude-3400/spd/latitude-14-3400-laptop/s016l340014deat

https://www.dell.com/de-de/work/shop/dell-notebooks/latitude-5500/spd/latitude-15-5500-laptop/s005l550015deat

im completely lost

3 minutes ago, Umbranoctuna said:

so i browed a little and so far im very disapointed, only bad deals it seems. but i think i found the ones that are somewhat decent, but i still dont know

https://www.dell.com/de-de/work/shop/dell-notebooks/inspiron-15-5000/spd/inspiron-15-5584-laptop/bn55410

this one has realy good specs, and is for that so much cheaper than the other models, that there musst be a huge tradeof im not seing

and these 2 seem to be almost identical besides the name and battery, so why is the price diff so huge.

https://www.dell.com/de-de/work/shop/dell-notebooks/latitude-3400/spd/latitude-14-3400-laptop/s016l340014deat

https://www.dell.com/de-de/work/shop/dell-notebooks/latitude-5500/spd/latitude-15-5500-laptop/s005l550015deat

im completely lost

The Inspiron is a pretty poor device fur that kind of money - cheap TN display, useless MX130 (it's a 940MX rebrand and pretty much performs worse than Vega iGPUs in most cases - avoid that card). Not to mention the Inspiron's lackluster build quality and cooling.

The Latitudes are good options - the 3400 is entry-level 14" whereas the 5500 is mid-range 15.6" - I'd say if 14" is fine with you, get the 3400. If you want a bigger display, the 5400 is great. If it were me, I'd get the 5500 bigger chassis means more cooling and higher power targets so more performance.

In short - silent operation with reasonable temps on the i5 models - ample performance for light gaming due to the higher power envelope on business laptops - 12 hours of battery life and excellent input devices and build quality