Any help for a newbie? (Solved)

Arden Fox
Go to solution Solved by Arden Fox,
1 minute ago, Arden Fox said:

I can't get to the point where I can format it is the problem... and yes I moved it to be my first boot priority, however I'm booting currently off a flashdrive that has the Windows 10 Installer on it. 

HOWEVER,

Thank you for the help, but the drive is magically working now >.> Apparently it only took rebooting 12 times :)

And literally as I was typing that, the installation froze and the drive disappeared... bad sata maybe? or bad power connection?

Hello! 

Building my first computer today! I have an ASRock B365M Pro4 motherboard and an Intel i5 9400f with a RTX 2060

Everything seems to be working fine for those components, however, the SSD that I installed is a Samsung 500GB 860 EVO and its been... weird.

(Yes the sata and power are both connected) The very first time I booted the BIOS, the drive showed up in the drives list. However, when I went to install windows, it said it couldn't find any drives. I then reloaded the BIOS and the drive had mysteriously disappeared from the list (probably scared off by the music playing in the background lol). I made sure my BIOS was updated, and I made even powered down and made sure that the drive was connected well. (Unplugging and plugging back in) I loaded a variety of samsung drivers onto the flashdrive that I'm using to boot windows. I rebooted the computer and the Samsung magically appeared again! However, much like last time, windows couldn't see it. I then had windows search for the correct driver on the flashdrive, but apparently none of them were correct because it didn't work :/

So now I'm here. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Arty.

Did you change the boot order at all? if windows is installed on the SSD sometimes you have to move the SSD to number one on the boot order list. You also normally have to format and name the drive. Have you done either of those things? 

7 minutes ago, Cigano said:

Did you change the boot order at all? if windows is installed on the SSD sometimes you have to move the SSD to number one on the boot order list. You also normally have to format and name the drive. Have you done either of those things? 

I can't get to the point where I can format it is the problem... and yes I moved it to be my first boot priority, however I'm booting currently off a flashdrive that has the Windows 10 Installer on it. 

HOWEVER,

Thank you for the help, but the drive is magically working now >.> Apparently it only took rebooting 12 times :)

HOWEVER,

did you unplug the USB before you rebooted? i'm glad it's working now I had that issue a couple years ago and it was just because I left the boot flash drive plugged in. 

HOWEVER,

And literally as I was typing that, the installation froze and the drive disappeared... bad sata maybe? or bad power connection?

8 minutes ago, Cigano said:

did you unplug the USB before you rebooted? i'm glad it's working now I had that issue a couple years ago and it was just because I left the boot flash drive plugged in. 

It appears to just be the way I had the cables run, they would end up working for a while and then they would shift slightly, thanks for the help :P