gtx 770 screen flickering

LukaP

hello

ive bought a PNY 770, and have two screens connected to it. one is DVI and the other is DVI -> VGA one.

the pure DVI seems to always flicker for the first 2ish minutes after its powered on.

ive checked the connection and its good. any ideas?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Reinstall drivers

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Reinstall drivers

Did that already. Plus its only the digital screen thats doing it.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Did that already. Plus its only the digital screen thats doing it.

What do you mean by Digital screen?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

What do you mean by Digital screen?

The one that is connected to a dvi-d port.

Could it be a faulty port?

The one that is connected to a dvi-d port.

Could it be a faulty port?

Could be, have you dried HDMI or display port?

Hope I could help!

Could be, have you dried HDMI or display port?

Cant, dont have the cables. I will try the other dvi port, as soon as the power comes back... Stupid weather

Cant, dont have the cables. I will try the other dvi port, as soon as the power comes back... Stupid weather

Did you have a power surge?

Hope I could help!

Did you have a power surge?

Yep. Ice snow, shit... Had power going out the entire day for a few mins, now it died completly

Yep. Ice snow, shit... Had power going out the entire day for a few mins, now it died completly

Do you have a surge protector for your monitor and your computer? That may be an issue with the monitor after the power surge

Hope I could help!

I have. And it was happening before too

@Tmh85

I have. And it was happening before too @Tmh85

Have you tried a different monitor on that port?

Hope I could help!

Have you tried a different monitor on that port?

Only have this one that is digital. The other is vga and the port is dvi-d

Only have this one that is digital. The other is vga and the port is dvi-d

unplug the monitor that works then plug the DVI into the monitor that has the issue and see if it still happens

Hope I could help!

@Tmh85

Yeah thats what im planning when the power comes back

@Tmh85 Yeah thats what im planning when the power comes back

Ok report back when you do so, then we can further diagnose the issue

Hope I could help!

Ok report back when you do so, then we can further diagnose the issue

Finally got power during the night.

So, i tried the other dvi port. It works flawlessly. Ive also reseated the card, and put the screens in their original ports. Same issue still.

Finally got power during the night.

So, i tried the other dvi port. It works flawlessly. Ive also reseated the card, and put the screens in their original ports. Same issue still.

Must be the port, try to pick up an HDMI cable or return the monitor since it doesn't work with the card, or you could even RMA it

Hope I could help!

Must be the port, try to pick up an HDMI cable or return the monitor since it doesn't work with the card, or you could even RMA it

Yeah im gonna pick one up tomorrow when ill go to the shops to get a soldering tool...

Cant return tthe monitor its old as hell haha ^_^ if it works fine on the dp/HDMI, ill return the card and get an evga reference one. Love the look of it

Yeah im gonna pick one up tomorrow when ill go to the shops to get a soldering tool...

Cant return tthe monitor its old as hell haha ^_^ if it works fine on the dp/HDMI, ill return the card and get an evga reference one. Love the look of it

Great! Glad to hear you fixed the issue :)

Hope I could help!

Havent fixed yet, but if the port is the problem, like suspected, im in for a very quick fix hehe... Love my stores support

ok ive bought a HDMI-DVI converter, and the flicker is gone. since i dont want a half defective card, im going to give it back and get another one. thanks for the help :)