Ip forwarding not working [STILL NOT WORKING]

Hey!
So yesterday I decided to make my own ubuntu server because I had some spare parts (always wanted to try it). The installation was flawless, and connecting via filezilla and PUtty went flawlessly and after installing spigot I could even connect.. via lan. Trying to connect using ipv4 (public): XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX did however not work. I then tried the obvious and added a rule in my internet config panel: https://gyazo.com/c83281c3d727ac5aab30eaf8db0a952f according to guides online. It still does not work though, and I wonder why? shouldn't Linux Server be very port-open by default? I had its built in firewall when I first tried it, I now have it on with an exception on 25565, same result though.

Help?

Ubuntu version: 18.04.3 LTS

Minecraft version: 1.14.4

Router: Com Hem WiFi Hub C2

Thanks,
olesien

You need for forward port 80 to the server to access it externally but be warned, that'll expose it to everyone else on the internet too.

Also please remove your IP address, posting it publicly isn't a good idea.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Why 80? Is it also on TCP - UDP? Also I quite frankly don't care about that computer nor if someone for some reason gets access to it xd

80 TCP.

80 is the port used as default by HTTP. Since you're trying to access

Wait no, ignore me. I missed the fact you're trying to connect to Spigot. Yeah port 25565 should be correct. You've probably not forwarded correctly.

Edit that rule and change it from TCP-UDP to just TCP and try again. You also need to add 25565 TCP to Ubuntu's firewall.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

11 minutes ago, olesien said:

Why 80? Is it also on TCP - UDP? Also I quite frankly don't care about that computer nor if someone for some reason gets access to it xd

Wait no, ignore me. I missed the fact you're trying to connect to Spigot. Yeah port 25565 should be correct. You've probably not forwarded correctly.

Edit that rule and change it from TCP-UDP to just TCP and try again. You also need to add 25565 TCP to Ubuntu's firewall as both inbound and outbound.

*Double posted so OP sees it*

I am aware of the risks, I just figured just maybe it would make it all easier, also it's in an image so I am too lazy lol, will hide when this actually works

6 minutes ago, olesien said:

I am aware of the risks, I just figured just maybe it would make it all easier, also it's in an image so I am too lazy lol, will hide when this actually works

Like @Master Disaster said its prob your Ubuntu firewall and you just need to set the port.

sudo ufw allow 25565/tcp

3 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Like @Master Disaster said its prob your Ubuntu firewall and you just need to set the port.

sudo ufw allow 25565/tcp

Tried that, it answered:

Skipping adding existing rule
Skipping adding existing rule (v6)

Just now, olesien said:

Tried that, it answered:

Then the forward in your modem does not work for some reason. Sometimes (mainly only higher end routers/firewalls) it will require an exception in the firewall of the router itself.

Also on the off-chance that your ISP is blocking that port. Change the external to something else and try it with a port check site.

9 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Then the forward in your modem does not work for some reason. Sometimes (mainly only higher end routers/firewalls) it will require an exception in the firewall of the router itself.

Also on the off-chance that your ISP is blocking that port. Change the external to something else and try it with a port check site.

Tried also doing 22 for the SSH on Port Forwarding, didn't work either (connection timed out), is my router just too trash? Oh btw I have literally turned every firewall setting to the minimum

Anyone got a suggestion for how to fix this? It should be network related and not computer firewall (otherwise lan connections wouldn't work right?)