Lottery Win??

Just overclocking my i5 4670k and i reached a stable clock of 4.5ghz at 1.3v, with my highest temps being at 50.

Do you think something is bugging out?

Just overclocking my i5 4670k and i reached a stable clock of 4.5ghz at 1.3v, with my highest temps being at 50.

1.3v is kind of pushing it, try lowering the voltage. My 4670k runs at 4.2 with like 1.24v

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Seems pretty fine but I doubt and don't believe you should overclock it anymore than you have as the voltage may spike and make your cpu hit a thermal threshold which will make it thermal throttle which reduces the speed/frequency it's running at and jump back up.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

1.3v is kind of pushing it, try lowering the voltage. My 4670k runs at 4.2 with like 1.24v

I was going to push for a higher clock until i reach around 70 degrees, and then lower to voltage to see how low it can go and stay stable.

50c under load? what hell are you cooling with

Error: 410

50c under load? what hell are you cooling with

H100i

I can post some screenshots and photos if you want?

H100i

I can post some screenshots and photos if you want?

with IBT? And all cores are confirmed stressed in task manager? What are you measuring with? 50c doesn't sound right at all for 1.3v at 4.5

with IBT? And all cores are confirmed stressed in task manager? What are you measuring with? 50c doesn't sound right at all for 1.3v at 4.5

IBT?

Im using Aida64

Use Linpack http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-linpack-benchmark-download-license-agreement

or IBT

50c sounds wayyy off for 4.5ghz at 1.3v. It's a decent overclock but those temp readings don't sound right unless you're sitting in a 5c room or something. Beyond strange. 

My room is around 15c

Ok, that makes a little more sense. See if you can lower the voltage if you can and still have it stable, if not it's still no big issue. 

Typical overclocks at that freq/volt in typical room temperatures will land you in 65~80c territory, which is still fine. 

Ok, that makes a little more sense. See if you can lower the voltage if you can and still have it stable, if not it's still no big issue. 

Typical overclocks at that freq/volt in typical room temperatures will land you in 65~80c territory, which is still fine. 

Do you think i should see how high i can go with reasonable temps, or should i play it safe?

Do you think i should see how high i can go with reasonable temps, or should i play it safe?

I wouldn't go above 1.3v, you can still mess around with frequency though. 

I wouldn't go above 1.3v, you can still mess around with frequency though. 

This is really wierd, i downloaded IBT, and then got temps around 70c, but after about a minute of these temps, and with IBT still running, my temps dropped to around 50c again

This is really wierd, i downloaded IBT, and then got temps around 70c, but after about a minute of these temps, and with IBT still running, my temps dropped to around 50c again

That is a bit weird, 70c sounds normal for IBT. Watch your clocks and get HWmonitor to watch your VRM temps. Make sure the clock speed and vcore is consistent in CPUZ.

That is a bit weird, 70c sounds normal for IBT. Watch your clocks and get HWmonitor to watch your VRM temps. Make sure the clock speed and vcore is consistent in CPUZ.

It's because IBT finished a round and starts loading some different info in ram again, that's why your temps are dropping. 

And they say AMD run hot.

Nothing to see here - move along.

That's a silly comment, it's not a matter of brand preference, it's overclocking, everything run's hot...

Ops, sorry for being silly.

I was just pointing out the fact that everyone says the 8350 runs hot but it is fact cooler under load than the Intel.

The VRM's on the other hand are a different story.

Nothing to see here - move along.

my 4670k runs at 4.2Ghz with 1.168V, (sometiems goes to 1.184 under load).

temps. 65º..68ºC..on the cores after 2 hours testing with rog realbench

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

Nice temps. I have my 4670k at 4.6 GHz and get around 72c on prime 95 at 1.28 vcore o n an h100i

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz