New flat screen TV

AzrealNoctis
Go to solution Solved by nick name,

Also, a great site to look through:

https://www.rtings.com/

They also have a YouTube channel.  

I'm presently looking into buying a new flat screen TV, as the one I currently have is pretty awful, it's from the days when flat screen TV's were still new and were a luxury rather than something everyone had. 

My requirements:50inch and up, if possible would like to keep it under 1k but if it goes a bit over that's fine, 4k would be nice, I'm probably going to wall mount it so if anyone knows of a compatible wallmout for it that would be great. 

Thanks to anyone who can help!

2 minutes ago, AzrealNoctis said:

I'm presently looking into buying a new flat screen TV, as the one I currently have is pretty awful, it's from the days when flat screen TV's were still new and were a luxury rather than something everyone had. 

My requirements:50inch and up, if possible would like to keep it under 1k but if it goes a bit over that's fine, 4k would be nice, I'm probably going to wall mount it so if anyone knows of a compatible wallmout for it that would be great. 

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Eesh.  It has been a while since you bought one of these.  

They are all gonna be 4k.  They are all much more uniform when it comes to mounting.  And you can buy a lot of TV for under $1k.

So what we should know is what kind of content will you be watching.  What type of room will it be in (sun exposure?).  The audio solution you'll use.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Also, a great site to look through:

https://www.rtings.com/

They also have a YouTube channel.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Hisense Q9 Series (55Q9809) 55" 4K HDR Quantum Dot ULED Smart TV for $898 USD

Uled gets OLED features (like super-deep blacks) with the benefits of LCD TVs (cheaper pricing, longer lifespan & better burn-in protection). You can't really do better value-wise than this TV.