Formatting an SSD from old system

Naxy
Go to solution Solved by Mokomoko,

You can do that, make sure to either change your boot priority in the BIOS to your primary HDD or use the Boot Menu (F12 usually during booting) to choose your primary HDD. Using that you can then easily format the HDD. You could also boot into safe mode, or command line mode, and then do it from there, but that would be a little bit more challenging. 

Hi all!

So my old system has a SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 1TB SATA drive as it's main and only drive. I was planning on using it in my new system. My current system already has a boot drive so I was going to use the Samsung drive as a secondary. Since it has windows on it, what would be the best and easiest way to format it? Can I connect it to my new system than format it from there?

Thanks for the help!

You can do that, make sure to either change your boot priority in the BIOS to your primary HDD or use the Boot Menu (F12 usually during booting) to choose your primary HDD. Using that you can then easily format the HDD. You could also boot into safe mode, or command line mode, and then do it from there, but that would be a little bit more challenging. 

13 minutes ago, Mokomoko said:

Awesome! Thanks for the help!