Swapping SSD?

nmsxsu

I know this question might sound stupid to some of you, but I have a samsung 860 evo in a system and I want to put it in a new one I'm building. Do I just simply unplug it and put it in the new one and that's it? I'm worried that the programs could give errors when I try to open them.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

that will work fine, but you should probably do a clean installation of windows if its a bootdrive.

Yup, it's a boot drive. Can I try to see if it works before doing a clean installation? 

Just now, nemeshisu said:

Yup, it's a boot drive. Can I try to see if it works before doing a clean installation? 

it will most likely work. tho a non-clean installation has lead people to have some issues. 

I would always advise to make a backup dafore you do anyhting with your disk but in this case the only thing that can really go wrong is that drivers fail or the system wont boot which will still not erase your data so you can just plug it back in to your old machine and backup from there

Thanks for the fast replies guys, I will let you know in case something goes wrong.