Multi-room audio help needed.

Derkoli

Hello everyone. Wanting to put audio in 4 rooms of my house. Already got a main stereo system in my bedroom/man cave. But after a sonos like system for the rest of the house. Already have speakers sorted (Dali spektor 1's) So just need amplification and a source setup. Sonos looks good but buying 4 sonos connects and 4 amp's seem steep. But the Emotiva A-800 seems to be a good option. So now i just need a source, like i said Sonos seems good, But i was wondering if there was a Wifi system for any cheaper, or if sonos was the best way to go. I'm not too good with multi-room audio, so any help is really appreciated.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Unfortunately I only have experience with Sonos, though I always had troubles with this due to myself not being the admin in this senario. Very annoying when I know what the problem is an contractors stand in my way haha

Anyway, have you read this?

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/multi-room-audio-everything-you-need-to-know

Apparently "audio pro" systems are pretty good.

Hope that helps! :) 

Sonos speakers sound great by the way. I'm really impressed at their overall quality for audio consmption. It's great.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 9:29 PM, theonlyratatoskr said:

Sonos speakers sound great by the way. I'm really impressed at their overall quality for audio consmption. It's great.

Already got amplification and speaker's setup, will look at the whathifi article. :)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)