Kenneth_95

I have a max budget of $1500 here is my current plan

PSU: corsair tx750M

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

GPU: R5700

Mother board:MSI B450 tomahawk

Case:Fractal meshify C

RAM: 16GB 3200

Any imput or suggestions for other parts are more than welcome. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Kenneth_95

you have a pcpartpicker list? you located in US?(near a microcenter?) are you okay with cpu/RAM overclocking?

you've already been told about the better 5700 price/perf...

do you have a 1st or 2nd gen ryzen to bios flash the motherboard?

your setup is good, just make sure that you take the correct precautions, and you have the right equipment. also, make sure your cable management is good

good cable management = better airflow and overall cleaner aesthetics

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

32 minutes ago, Vegas Pro said:

your setup is good, just make sure that you take the correct precautions, and you have the right equipment. also, make sure your cable management is good

good cable management = better airflow and overall cleaner aesthetics

Aesthetics I will give you.

1 minute ago, thx1138 said:

Aesthetics I will give you.

makes sense

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

Can also get a decent Headset  https://www.reddit.com/r/Zeos/comments/97mi5s/zguides_headphones/
like the https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00ENMK1DW

pair it with an External DAC/AMP like

Syba sonic 42$
Sabaj D3 110$
Topping NX4 160$
Topping DX3 Pro 220$

Could also add an aftermarket Cpu Heatsink. like a Scythe(like a Mugen5) or a Noctua
or go liquid if you are moving the computer http://www.frostytech.com/top5_liquid_heatsinks.cfm

1 minute ago, thx1138 said:

Can also get a decent Headset  https://www.reddit.com/r/Zeos/comments/97mi5s/zguides_headphones/
like the https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00ENMK1DW

pair it with an External DAC/AMP like

Syba sonic 42$
Sabaj D3 110$
Topping NX4 160$
Topping DX3 Pro 220$

i always recommend corsair rmx psu

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

i always recommend corsair rmx psu

I mean...I get that......but...price/perf.......you are looking at 100$ instead of 53$ and you basically get no performance.

2 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

I mean...I get that......but...price/perf.......you are looking at 100$ instead of 53$ and you basically get no performance.

quality bro, itll last a lot longer and quality. I dont take risks when it comes to power, specially when ur chugging out half a kilowatt on delicate pc components. Just what i always recommend.

Get a 

1 hour ago, Kenneth_95 said:

I have a max budget of $1500 here is my current plan

PSU: corsair tx750M

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

GPU: RTX 2060 msi ventus xs

Mother board:Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite

Case:Fractal meshify C

RAM: 16GB 3200

Any imput or suggestions for other parts are more than welcome. Thanks for the help!

Get a RTX 2060 Super instead. If you don't want Ray Tracing, you can get a similar performing RX 5700 XT for a bit cheaper; make sure to get a non-reference one with a good cooler.

You will also have to BIOS flash, so a Ryzen 1st/2nd gen will be needed.

I'd replace that R5 3600X with a non-X variant.

13 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

quality bro, itll last a lot longer and quality. I dont take risks when it comes to power, specially when ur chugging out half a kilowatt on delicate pc components. Just what i always recommend.

...yeah.......but once you pass a certain quality...you have 10 year old PSUs that the fans fail on(I have pets and carpet)....They are still good...but...you have to replace their fans....(these were 700w continuous 24/7 server/mining rigs)

so........price/perf beats out as long as your not getting a bad PSU

1 hour ago, BoHjalmar said:

Get a 

Get a RTX 2060 Super instead. If you don't want Ray Tracing, you can get a similar performing RX 5700 XT for a bit cheaper; make sure to get a non-reference one with a good cooler.

....what??????? the 5700xt compares with the 2070$uper in most games..... and completely dominates the 2060$uper at price/perf

Though yes...A motherboard with BIOS Flashback like the Tomahawk or the MSI A-Pro  will be much much much easier to update vs the op's aorus

4 hours ago, thx1138 said:

1. you have a pcpartpicker list? you located in US?(near a microcenter?) are you okay with cpu/RAM overclocking?

2. you've already been told about the better 5700 price/perf...

3. do you have a 1st or 2nd gen ryzen to bios flash the motherboard?

1. yes

2. i will switch to the r5700

3. 2nd gen ryzen,

3 hours ago, BoHjalmar said:

Get a 

why the non X variant? I was told the x had a faster clock speed

1. yes

2. i will switch to the r5700

3. 2nd gen ryzen,

Microcenter is where I go for cpu/mobo combos. they have amazing deals, sometimes RAM, and sales. I usually get my HDD from them as well to avoid shipping. and to recieve the best customer service you can have.

a 5700 will be good, the 5700xt I think is better..make sure to not get a blower cooler...and I would avoid the evoke from MSI(GamersNexus didn't like their memory chip cooling.)

Cool that you can update BIOS I would look at your local microcenter motherboards with this link in mind. https://i.redd.it/58am663beh931.png

why the non X variant? I was told the x had a faster clock speed

if you can OC then the 3600 is generally a better price/perf because it will be extremely close to the 3600x if you OC it. though the 3600x does have a very very small benefit  of being binned...so can ''''generally speaking''' clock slightly better than the 3600.... but they are EXTREMELY close in performance if you can OC the 3600

I would personally save the money and choose a 3600.... but for my friends...I generally recommend the 3600x.

5 hours ago, Kenneth_95 said:

semi final build based on the advice received:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

R5700 XT is closest compared to the 2070 Super and it's close to $150 less in most cases

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2070-Super-vs-AMD-RX-5700-XT/4048vs4045

I would throw in a few high cfm case fans as I have heard the R5700 XT's run hot (especially being they have a 1 fan blower cooler on them) at least until the AIB cards fully come out.