Laptop advice

Cedri

Does anyone have a good laptop for around €1800-1900 budget? I want to game a little bit on it but don't want it to be a gaming laptop. I also prefer slim bezels. Maximum weight is around 2-2.5kg. Thx

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme - it's a business-class laptop so extremely durable and reliable.

1 hour ago, Cedri said:

Does anyone have a good laptop for around €1800-1900 budget? I want to game a little bit on it but don't want it to be a gaming laptop. I also prefer slim bezels. Maximum weight is around 2-2.5kg. Thx

Here are my recommendations:

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme

Dell XPS 15 (I recommend the new generation with the model 7590)

ASUS Zephyrus

MSI P65

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

I also was thinking of the Asus zenbook duo when it releases but I think it's going to he expensive. And what about the Asus zenbook 14 pro/15 pro?

15 hours ago, Cedri said:

but don't want it to be a gaming laptop

Fine with gaming laptop without gaming look?

Also, no preference on battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, Mike21 said:

Razor Blade 15 and MSI GS65 Stealth :) 

Providing suggestions without stating their cons?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

6 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Also, no preference on battery life?

I dont really care that much about the battery life. 

10 hours ago, Cedri said:

I dont really care that much about the battery life. 

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

I don't need a rtx 2080 max q but yes

On 8/24/2019 at 4:33 AM, Cedri said:

around €1800-1900

Forgot to ask, which country are you from?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

On 8/23/2019 at 7:59 PM, Ultra Male said:

Here are my recommendations:

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme

Dell XPS 15 (I recommend the new generation with the model 7590)

ASUS Zephyrus

MSI P65

just wanted to toss in very quickly that I've had the XPS 15 7590 for about a month now and it has been the worst computing experience of my life. Mine has been riddled with problems all of which has been addressed as much as possible by Dell support and myself scouring the internet (mostly Reddit to be honest) but I've yet to find a way to correct many of the issues plaguing the new XPS 15's (and there is a lot). I've put in request for refund last week, If you're going to recommend the XPS 15, might be worth tossing in a side note to avoid the new 7590 model.

4 hours ago, GirthyStone said:

just wanted to toss in very quickly that I've had the XPS 15 7590 for about a month now and it has been the worst computing experience of my life. Mine has been riddled with problems all of which has been addressed as much as possible by Dell support and myself scouring the internet (mostly Reddit to be honest) but I've yet to find a way to correct many of the issues plaguing the new XPS 15's (and there is a lot). I've put in request for refund last week, If you're going to recommend the XPS 15, might be worth tossing in a side note to avoid the new 7590 model.

Thanks for the warning. I had the XPS 15 9570 with the i9-8950HK 5 months ago and loved it and has 0 issues with it. I only expected the newer model to be even better but seems like that's not the case from what you're telling me. Mind sharing what issues you ran into?

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

On 8/27/2019 at 12:01 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

Forgot to ask, which country are you from?

The Netherlands (sorry for late response)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 4:09 PM, Ultra Male said:

Thanks for the warning. I had the XPS 15 9570 with the i9-8950HK 5 months ago and loved it and has 0 issues with it. I only expected the newer model to be even better but seems like that's not the case from what you're telling me. Mind sharing what issues you ran into?

Yeah, from what I've been able to find I think the 9570 HAD some issues but everything got fixed threw driver updates. The issues I had with the 7590 is extensive, but I will admit that some of the issues seemed to get at least partially resolved over the 5-ish weeks I had it.

Among the smaller issues here as some of the most major (I had the i7-9750H, 16GB Mem., 512 SSD, GTX 1650, 4k OLED model),

(sidenote: XPS support was contacted several time for various issues after all recourses had been exhausted trying to solve them myself)

Out if the box the computer locked completely first-time startup out of the box (before I even entered into Windows), it got real hot real quick and stayed like it until I had to do a hard-restart. (because it was only minutes old I contacted Dell XPS support to ensure I wouldn't be held liable if there was a memory fault, segmentation or something of the nature occurred that may corrupt a system file where it was just taken out of the box).

The OLED screen had a full column of pixels that were hot (stuck-white). I realized that this isn't necessarily an issue with the computer but rather the OLED panel, but nevertheless It affected my opinion of the machine and probably more then the former, my idea of Dell's quality control. I will mention here that Dell (after more than an hour on the phone and sending emails back and forth to "prove" there was an actual issue with the panel) offered to replace the system entirely.

The Wifi and Bluetooth drop-outs where TERRIBLE. For the first week or 2 I couldn't stay connected to the internet or my mouse for more then 10 minutes without there being a signal dropped and it would be completely disabled for a minute or so before I could attempt to reconnect. Here I'll note that last week or so before the return the Wifi drop-outs got significantly less frequent as driver updates were released but still occurred periodically.

There was random DPC (deferred procedure call) latency issues that would cause the computer to nearly come to a stop for a couple minutes

There was noticeable screen flicker (it doesn't really bother me that much but it's noticeable and other people re drove insane by it so it's worth mentioning)

the list could go on for a few more points but the take away for me is that the 7590 WILL be a fantastic computer once they resolve all the issues through driver and BIOS updates (there was BIOS update that had to be done out of the box which is kinda crazy to me), but for now and probably the next couple of months the XPS 15 7590 has way too many bugs to shell out $2500+ dollars. If I spend that much I want something that I don't have to be a guinea pig for to help fix issues that should have been resolved before they started selling them.