RX 5700XT vs RTX 2070 Super?

Giga Bus Driver
1 hour ago, hollyh88 said:

as i said in another comment on this post, the 2070super has oc headroom. the 5700xt does not. unless you mod it. the 5700xt has on average a 3 fps increase in most games with an oc. while the 2070 can get on average another extra 10 fps. 

personally... if you are in countries like germany or the netherlands.. get the 2070super

if you are in a country where the 5700xt actually is cheaper.. and you have a budget... get that. it's not a bad card. i would personally get the red devil if i didn't get the 2070 super of either msi gaming x trio or gigabyte gaming oc.

I live in NZ and 5700XT is cheaper but because I like to heavily focus on my builds looks too much to a fault, i would have to get either a Gigabyte Gaming Oc 5700XT or for $40 more than that the ASUS Strix 5700XT. Which puts that $50-60 cheaper than a EVGA XC Ultra 2070S. I don't mind Gigabyte but while I've been searching stuff online, Gigabyte card doesn't seem to have much positive feedback.

10 hours ago, Giga Bus Driver said:

I live in NZ and 5700XT is cheaper but because I like to heavily focus on my builds looks too much to a fault, i would have to get either a Gigabyte Gaming Oc 5700XT or for $40 more than that the ASUS Strix 5700XT. Which puts that $50-60 cheaper than a EVGA XC Ultra 2070S. I don't mind Gigabyte but while I've been searching stuff online, Gigabyte card doesn't seem to have much positive feedback.

i mean looks and cooling performance is only the difference between the 2. you won't see more overclock headroom on any 5700xt unless you do the powertable mod, which doesn't really help the card's life time. the xc ultra 2070 super is a decent card. it will perform better. but it really is up to you whether you want to spend that extra or not. the asus strix is always a high end build card. if you have to choose between those 2 5700xt's go for that one.

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

• 2 weeks later...

@Giga Bus Driver I'd still recommend you to get the 2070 super, or even if you can jut wait for it to go on sale, because if you wait too long the price might rise due to the new Zen 2 thread ripper to come up, for more high end GPU'S, eg the 2070.Just buy it man XD 

It's been said before: The 2070 super is more powerful but the price difference is not proportionate.

It's been said before: The price depends on your region.

I ended up ordering the 2070 super because for one thing only the founder edition 5700xt is available locally for me, secondly - if I order it from amazon.de (I'm in eastern Europe) it will cost me the same as the 2070 super, more if I wait for local retailers. I also noticed that I can get it 50 euro cheaper if it's with gddr5, the gddr6 price = 2070 super (for me).