Is there any speculation on Ryzen 4000/5000?

Joko

Are they going to make an AM4+ like the previous platforms (AM3, AM3+) or just skip that practice and call the next thing AM5?

When will these next generations start using DDR5 RAM instead of DDR4? It seems to me like something AMD would be eager to implement from what I've heard about Ryzen liking faster and faster RAM not to mention the APUs that rely even more heavily on it.

current info points to 1 more gen of DDR4 from both AMD and Intel. DDR5 might come out next year, but there has been no real need for more memmory bandwidth. 

10 minutes ago, Joko said:

It seems to me like something AMD would be eager to implement from what I've heard about Ryzen liking faster and faster RAM

their CPUs like faster Ram because a lock to IF clockspeed. meaning faster ram mean faster clockspeed on the Infinity Fabric. other than that, only APUs could need faster memmory. but that can be covered by LPDDR4x and a good memmory controller. (currently its the IF that limits ram clockspeed)

12 minutes ago, Joko said:

just skip that practice and call the next thing AM5?

AM4 is seemingly going to be used for 4th gen Ryzen aswell. 

AM5 is only realistically comming at the same time as DDR5. 

nothing can be said about a possible am4+. or if they decide to move threadripper and EPYC with something else as server and workstation can afford DDR5 if they wanted to and needed it. 

note these are assumptions based on market conditions and statements from the company. AMD might decide to release a toaster powered by FX CPUs for all i know. 

Ryzen 4th Gen already tapped out, (it launches next year, so AMD will already have working 4000 Series silicon) so by definition not DDR5...

Also, you can confirm that by noting that AMD have confirmed they will support socket AM4 through to (at least) the end of 2020, and its not a realistic proposition for them to be working on two different silicon versions (different architecture/memory controllers/VRMs etc), at the same time!

So new socket and DDR5 likely to come with Ryzen 5*** series in 2021... And/or skip that and come with DDR6/Pcie Gen 5 in 2021/22?

4 hours ago, Joko said:

Are they going to make an AM4+ like the previous platforms (AM3, AM3+) or just skip that practice and call the next thing AM5?

When will these next generations start using DDR5 RAM instead of DDR4? It seems to me like something AMD would be eager to implement from what I've heard about Ryzen liking faster and faster RAM not to mention the APUs that rely even more heavily on it.

Zen 3 is aimed to come out next year Amd has said a couple times in the past month or so that everything is on time and ready for 2020. 

I personally expect Zen 3 to have the same amount of cores but higher IPC per core i also expect frequency to stay the same throughout zen's life