ARGB Controller hub worth it?

Giga Bus Driver

I'm currently using Lian Li Bora Digital fans and the RGB works by daisy chaining them and then connecting it to a 5V addressable RGB header on my motherboard. I currently have 3 of these fans connected but I plan on getting 3 more. Would it be better to get a ARGB Controller Hub that draws its power using the SATA connection directly from my PSU? Or it fine to just daisy chain all of them and have it connected to my motherboard? Just worried too much power being pulled for the RGB will cause amp fluctuation and not be good overall.

I have my fans pulling power from a PWM fan hub connected to PSU so thats not a problem.

19 hours ago, Giga Bus Driver said:

I'm currently using Lian Li Bora Digital fans and the RGB works by daisy chaining them and then connecting it to a 5V addressable RGB header on my motherboard. I currently have 3 of these fans connected but I plan on getting 3 more. Would it be better to get a ARGB Controller Hub that draws its power using the SATA connection directly from my PSU? Or it fine to just daisy chain all of them and have it connected to my motherboard? Just worried too much power being pulled for the RGB will cause amp fluctuation and not be good overall.

I have my fans pulling power from a PWM fan hub connected to PSU so thats not a problem.

Most headers are good for up to 1A, so as long as the draw is under that you should be fine.  If I read it right the fans themselves are powered separately, so if you're just daisy-chaining power for the lights you should be good.  Best to double-check the power specs though to be sure.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15