PSU Not Working

aaron10292

So I just got a new PSU (Corsair CX650W Bronze) delivered for a new build. As I was BIOS Flashing my motherboard the PSU was working and the BIOS Flash completed. I then turned the PSU off and now it won't turn on again. It wont even power my case fans at all. I tried to see if it was the electrical outlet and plugged it in somewhere else but it still didn't work. Is the PSU dead after just working once??? 

1 hour ago, aaron10292 said:

Is the PSU dead after just working once???

Not likely, but also not impossible. If you have access to a PSU tester you could try testing the PSU to ensure it's still working. And try a different PSU lead just to be sure that hasn't failed (again, not likely).

If it is, try removing all but the bare minimum of components (single stick of RAM, unplugging storage devices etc.) to see if it posts. If it does, slowly add components until it fails again.

If it isn't, try a different PSU.

14 minutes ago, TheDelphiDude said:

Not likely, but also not impossible. If you have access to a PSU tester you could try testing the PSU to ensure it's still working. And try a different PSU lead just to be sure that hasn't failed (again, not likely).

If it is, try removing all but the bare minimum of components (single stick of RAM, unplugging storage devices etc.) to see if it posts. If it does, slowly add components until it fails again.

If it isn't, try a different PSU.

I just figured out that in order for the PSU to deliver power it needs to be turned on through the motherboard/front panel connectors and not just simply plugged in, but thanks for the help anyways.