FPS Drops?

Msuni

So for the past couple of days I have been getting really bad lag spikes. I initially encountered this problem on Black Desert Online and tried other games to see if it was the same on other game as well.

Details:

My Specs:

Coffee Lake i7 8700k @3.7ghz
Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB 
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8gb 3000MHz 
MSI z370-A PRO
Kobink 600w
Toshiba 1tb
Seagate Barracuda 2tb
Samsung 970 EVO SSD 500gb

I have the latest graphics drivers, my CPU runs at around 70 degrees celsius on average.

Playing AC Syndicate at medium settings ran at around 100 fps, with fps drops to about 50-60 for a second or so.

Running on the highest settings possible i get about 30-55 fps (screenshot provided below)

More examples from games:

On Smite max settings i get fps drops of like 30 or so running primarily at 150 fps.

GTA on medium settings around 150 fps i get not drops at all. Nor running on the max which i get around 100 fps. 

Black desert online on the absolute lowest settings i get 120 fps but get massive fps drops as well. On the almost highest settings i get around 70-80 again with very noticeable fps drops. 

I dont get why some games are fine but others aren't. 

When i get an fps drop my GPU usage drops as well.  Now im not that knowledgeable when it comes to PCs so forgive me. Would the GPU usage drops cause the fps drops or is the usage only dropping because the fps is dropping?

Of course if there's any more information that I missed that is needed (there probably is) i will be happy to include it.

Any replies are much appreciated. :) 1730718478_ACSyndicate.thumb.jpg.7c0f122020021bbe9d5063a4244415f3.jpg

i was getting really bad lag spikes in normal games my pc should be able to run

and what i did was find the oldest driver i could for gpu

and it stopped all the lag spikes, but it could be differen't for you 

1 hour ago, Mattsk said:

i was getting really bad lag spikes in normal games my pc should be able to run

and what i did was find the oldest driver i could for gpu

and it stopped all the lag spikes, but it could be differen't for you 

Thanks for the reply, i gave this a shot and it hasnt fixed my problem unfortunately :( 

Appreciate it though!

1 hour ago, Msuni said:

Thanks for the reply, i gave this a shot and it hasnt fixed my problem unfortunately :( 

Appreciate it though!

Check your ram stability/turn off XMP profile and see if the lag spikes dissapear.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |