CMOS battery

EJOE

Hello, I ordered a used motherboard. It was a B350M MSI gaming pro motherboard. And it was delivered great. Except the cmos battery popped out of the motherboard during shipping and was rolling around. I just popped it back in. Will it still work? Or is a CMOS battery being popped out and in make it non usable? 

And the bottom left pins are for HD Audio are bent. Can I bend them back?

Don't worry, it should work just fine!

These batteries are meant to be user-replaceable, so popping them in and out isn't an issue.
It is important to note tho, that the BIOS settings will be reset every time you do that.

Edit:
Yes, you can bend the pins back. Just be careful so they don't break off. In case they break off, the header becomes unusable. The motherboard will still work.

14 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Don't worry, it should work just fine!

These batteries are meant to be user-replaceable, so popping them in and out isn't an issue.
It is important to note tho, that the BIOS settings will be reset every time you do that.

Edit:
Yes, you can bend the pins back. Just be careful so they don't break off. In case they break off, the header becomes unusable. The motherboard will still work.

Okay awesome. Thank you! Otherwise it seems to be in good condition 

16 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

It's fine, just pop it back in. Unless there's signs of leaking or corrosion, I wouldn't worry about it.

Okay thanks!