Fan setup advise.

Quagral

Basically I built a new PC, and I'm trying to figure how exactly I should setup the fans. I currently have a 3700x housed in a Lian Li Dynamic PC-O11, cooled by a h150i pro and 6 intake fans on the side and bottom.

I understand the new Ryzen runs hot as I'm getting idles of 30-50c and maximum of 85c on prime. Although it's gone up to 94c AIDA64. Anyway I feel the setup is fine, or correct me obviously but I'm struggling with the noise of the fans despite altering their speed. Basically slightest increase on the temp puts one of the fans on sudden full speed. What I've done is basically populated all the fan headers on the motherboard. Is there a better way to do this where they are all working in conjunction and if somebody has advise in setting these up.

For further information: motherboard is the x570 aorus pro and fans are ml120

3 minutes ago, Quagral said:

Basically I built a new PC, and I'm trying to figure how exactly I should setup the fans. I currently have a 3700x housed in a Lian Li Dynamic PC-O11, cooled by a h150i pro and 6 intake fans on the side and bottom.

I understand the new Ryzen runs hot as I'm getting idles of 30-50c and maximum of 85c on prime. Although it's gone up to 94c AIDA64. Anyway I feel the setup is fine, or correct me obviously but I'm struggling with the noise of the fans despite altering their speed. Basically slightest increase on the temp puts one of the fans on sudden full speed. What I've done is basically populated all the fan headers on the motherboard. Is there a better way to do this where they are all working in conjunction and if somebody has advise in setting these up.

For further information: motherboard is the x570 aorus pro and fans are ml120

That 94c is not very good.  All these fans and your liquid cooling you should get 60's and 70's c on Aida and what not.  Did you manually overclock the CPU or didn't touch it ?  What is your vcore voltage ?

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Everything is set as default but just the XMP altered.

2 minutes ago, Quagral said:

Everything is set as default but just the XMP altered.

You sure the pump is working optimally ?  Something is off you shouldn't get 94c in Aida that means on Prime95 you will be at 104c and potential CPU blow up;  actually it will shut down when reached TJ Max and what not.  Your playing with fire, what do all these fans you have do ?  Apparently nothing if your not using PBO or OCing manually and your getting horrible temps.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

check if the cooler is properly mounted or if the thermal paste application is good. your temps should be lower

The pump seems to be working fine. What I meant is that max temp on Aida was 94 but averaged around 80-82. But I will certainly look at resitting it. In terms of the fans, is it better that they are individually adjusted or just get a hub to control them all??

1 hour ago, Quagral said:

The pump seems to be working fine. What I meant is that max temp on Aida was 94 but averaged around 80-82. But I will certainly look at resitting it. In terms of the fans, is it better that they are individually adjusted or just get a hub to control them all??

Those are still high temps if you are running stock and not OCing (including any auto-OC). You should be seeing under 80C max temps. The controlling is personal preference thing. I would have fans in same area controlled with splitter or hub. They need to be same model, but thats about it. So all rad fans are controlled as one, all fans on same side of case and moving fan to same direction are one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Which header should I be connecting the hub to? At present, all my fans have populated all fan headers. 

Screenshot_20190819-190658.png

16 hours ago, Quagral said:

Which header should I be connecting the hub to? At present, all my fans have populated all fan headers. 

Screenshot_20190819-190658.png

I meant getting Y- or 3-way splitters. And then using literally any header on mobp. Splitter will have one fan as master and others follow it. So with 3-way splitter you control 3 fans of same area with single mobo header.

My motherboard is older, and doesn't have individual control on all mobo headers. So CPU 1&2 are on one, front intakes are on another and rear exhaust on third. With CPU and rear being controlled by CPU temps and front by GPU (using SpeedFan for all, case fans are 3pin).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Would you recommend doing a fan curve setup or simply run them at a certain RPM??  

Edit: Got the hub and running everything via single fan speed. Resitted the cooler, now I'm getting roughly 78-83 with stability test on aida64. Is this a more reasonable temp for the h150i pro?

another edit: I think I've figured it out, if I'm doing benchmark for CPU only it maxes around 63c. When I do the full stability test it goes all the way to 80c

Edited by Quagral

On 8/20/2019 at 8:03 PM, Quagral said:

Would you recommend doing a fan curve setup or simply run them at a certain RPM??  

Again, personal preference. I use only curves. If you have good fans, intake might be good as stable 40-60% speed too.

On 8/20/2019 at 8:03 PM, Quagral said:

Edit: Got the hub and running everything via single fan speed. Resitted the cooler, now I'm getting roughly 78-83 with stability test on aida64. Is this a more reasonable temp for the h150i pro?

another edit: I think I've figured it out, if I'm doing benchmark for CPU only it maxes around 63c. When I do the full stability test it goes all the way to 80c

That sounds better. Stress test is always harder than what your normal loads would be.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv