Is Corsair Link worth it?

cpugeek21

Is Corsair Link worth it for the extra $20 or so over the non -i versions? I've tried doing a bit of research but unfortunately, no one seems to be mentioning about Corsair Link and the iCue software.

I don't get what price you're referring to. Both iCue and Corsair link are free Corsair soft made for controlling Corsair peripherals.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Are you talking about “i” series PSUs? If so, the extra data is neat. I always got for them if the price difference isn’t huge. 

36 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Are you talking about “i” series PSUs? If so, the extra data is neat. I always got for them if the price difference isn’t huge. 

It's actually around USD$15 more. I'm thinking between the HX860 and the HX860i. On the one hand, the HX860i has the data monitoring. However, I'm thinking that it being a digital component means that there's another source of error, especially when it comes to the monitoring software. The i-version is also much older (2014) as compared to non-i version (2017). Even though I have read a website that says (according to Corsair) that there is no difference in the internals of the i and non-i version, but it seems that with such upgrades, Corsair would want to remain innovative and use better components, better quality etc. There's also the issue that HX does some sort of analog to digital monitoring, unlike the more expensive AX counterpart that does digital monitoring using a digital processor (something along those lines).