Win Borg ( Modded Windows OS )

GCandy77

Hi again ....

In the old days when Vista was released ... I stuck with Winborg XP ... This Os worked 95% like XP, but had all the tosh stripped out + it came with a load of handy programs including the BSOD screen saver ( unlocked with hot-keys) that allowed me to leave my laptop un-attended in a Beijing cafe cos most people thought i was knackered xD

I was thinking of doing the same when they released Win 8 (yuk), but I stuck with official Win7 this time.

However I find myself in a similar situ once again & am wondering if anyone knows of a modded version of Win 10 that has a good rep, that I can have a play around with?

Does this type of modding on current OS`s still happen these days?

Just now, GCandy77 said:

Hi again ....

In the old days when Vista was released ... I stuck with Winborg XP ... This Os worked 95% like XP, but had all the tosh stripped out + it came with a load of handy programs including the BSOD screen saver ( unlocked with hot-keys) that allowed me to leave my laptop un-attended in a Beijing cafe cos most people thought i was knackered xD

I was thinking of doing the same when they released Win 8 (yuk), but I stuck with official Win7 this time.

However I find myself in a similar situ once again & am wondering if anyone knows of a modded version of Win 10 that has a good rep, that I can have a play around with?

Does this type of modding on current OS`s still happen these days?

The problem with Windows 10 is that the way the updates work it will overwrite the mods or even cause instability in the OS,manual updates require the windows update service to run in the background - which can start updating the OS on it's own...

You could try to block the IPs of windows update servers and manually update - But that's a pain in the A$$.

Overall Windows 10 modding is a mess (I modded Windows 10 myself,way more difficult than Windows 7 or XP)

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

The problem with Windows 10 is that the way the updates work it will overwrite the mods or even cause instability in the OS,manual updates require the windows update service to run in the background - which can start updating the OS on it's own...

You could try to block the IPs of windows update servers and manually update - But that's a pain in the A$$.

Overall Windows 10 modding is a mess (I modded Windows 10 myself,way more difficult than Windows 7 or XP)

Windows 10 updates etc kinda feels like a Virus hahaha u cant fking kill it 

6 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Windows 10 updates etc kinda feels like a Virus hahaha u cant fking kill it 

They haven't update my Windows since 1803. :D

1 minute ago, pizapower said:

They haven't update my Windows since 1803. :D

I am kinda happy about updates right now cause i use a hdr monitor and the last updates fixed alot 

Thx for the replies peeps ... I cant help shake the feeling that win 10 is trying to be like iOS .. ie u cant use it unless u use it like MS says :(