Curious About Lua

robopsycho

This is probably a really stupid question but I'm new to programming and coding (those might be the same thing, I'm not sure. Let me know how stupid I am)

I'm curious as to what the best way to learn to code would be. I'm not at all sure of where to start with the whole thing. I'm just looking to see if maybe anyone has any help for me on my quest in order to learn lua.

I couldn't find any thing if there is anything to see on the forums because admittedly I'm too impatient to go through all the pages and I'm sorry for that. 

2 minutes ago, robopsycho said:

This is probably a really stupid question but I'm new to programming and coding (those might be the same thing, I'm not sure. Let me know how stupid I am)

I'm curious as to what the best way to learn to code would be. I'm not at all sure of where to start with the whole thing. I'm just looking to see if maybe anyone has any help for me on my quest in order to learn lua.

I couldn't find any thing if there is anything to see on the forums because admittedly I'm too impatient to go through all the pages and I'm sorry for that. 

First off I have to warn ya Lua is slow, slower than Python somehow. Never the less Lua is useful. Second off this tutorial should get you started 

51 minutes ago, SafyreLyons-5LT said:

First off I have to warn ya Lua is slow, slower than Python somehow. Never the less Lua is useful. Second off this tutorial should get you started 

I appreciate the help and the warning. I now have another question. should I use the lua for windows from google code or should I use the more recent version which on that page states it's moved to github or should I use the one from luas site

4 minutes ago, robopsycho said:

I appreciate the help and the warning. I now have another question. should I use the lua for windows from google code or should I use the more recent version which on that page states it's moved to github or should I use the one from luas site

The Lua Website