Which Fans

zxcvbnmmssdh

So I am looking for some case fans in my Prodigy M. I will only be able to fit 2 or 3 in there. I was looking at the NF-F12 when I realized they were made for radiators. I saw the NF-S12A and I thought it would be good because my case has poor cable management because the case itself is terribly designed for cable management. I want silent fans. If not the aforementioned ones, does anyone have any good 120 mm fans? Any budget really, just not ridiculous. 

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

bequiet! Silent Wings 2 or Corsair AF120

My friends have AF120's and they aren't very quiet, especially when the case is gonna be filled with cables that are restricting airflow

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

So I am looking for some case fans in my Prodigy M. I will only be able to fit 2 or 3 in there. I was looking at the NF-F12 when I realized they were made for radiators. I saw the NF-S12A and I thought it would be good because my case has poor cable management because the case itself is terribly designed for cable management. I want silent fans. If not the aforementioned ones, does anyone have any good 120 mm fans? Any budget really, just not ridiculous. 

Gentle Typhoons. I have the 800rpm/9dB ones for my case fans, and they're basically inaudible.

My friends have AF120's and they aren't very quiet, especially when the case is gonna be filled with cables that are restricting airflow

I can barely here mine. Are they the stock ones that come with a case? Because they're loud as hell

Gentle Typhoons. I have the 800rpm/9dB ones for my case fans, and they're basically inaudible.

Seconded. Scythe fans are great, I really wish they were more popular in the US. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

bequiet! Silent Wings 2 or Corsair AF120

I have Corsair SP120 (which is what I think you meant) they blow out an incredible amount of air but are damn loud because if anything is within an inch of the fan it make a mind blowing noise, and of course the edge of the case is there.

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

I have Corsair SP120 (which is what I think you meant) they blow out an incredible amount of air but are damn loud because if anything is within an inch of the fan it make a mind blowing noise, and of course the edge of the case is there.

Hmm, maybe it's just how my fans are placed then... I've heard good things about Gentle Typhoons as well, but I've never used them myself.

Can they cool very well? I need good cooling performance as well has quietness preferably. 

Why are Gentle Typhoons so hard to find online(UK)??

Any of the Cougar lineup. they are super quiet and get pretty good airflow. the LED ones have great color too. http://www.cougar-world.com/us/products/fans.html

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Can they cool very well? I need good cooling performance as well has quietness preferably. 

Yeah, it should be fine. Your CPU cooler is very good for air cooling, so that should be fine too.

Yeah, it should be fine. Your CPU cooler is very good for air cooling, so that should be fine too.

Can you link them? Thanks

Any of the Cougar lineup. they are super quiet and get pretty good airflow. the LED ones have great color too. http://www.cougar-world.com/us/products/fans.html

I have the Cougar Turbine 120mm fans and they push alot of air and are quiet imo. It can be undervolted which is great. :) The 4 pack is a good deal imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Can you link them? Thanks

Can't say anything on American retailers as I live in Finland. But here's a product page.

Go with Noctua They have that solid metal bearing and 6 years of warranty services

Corsair are also good but after 2 years of continous usage the bearing just outright dies u have to peel the sticker and keep adding diesel engine to keep it silent every like 5-6 months

So NOCTUA +++++++++

and  NF-S12A is nice choice