i5 6500

i have a i5 6500 with a gtx 1660ti and i have noticed that in certain games i get a 100% CPU also while watching hulu, i have it currently connect it to my 43" 4k tv set to 1080p. Any reason as to why?

Because your CPU is not powerful enough to keep your card fed in games and is this bottlenecking it.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Because your CPU is not powerful enough to keep your card fed in games and is this bottlenecking it.

Yeah but not Hulu

What are you using to monitor usage?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Hendricks3 said:

HWMonitor

Make sure to quote so I see your response.

Have you tried booting windows in safe mode? Something's amiss, 100% shouldn't be happening in web browsing and video playback

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Make sure to quote so I see your response.

Have you tried booting windows in safe mode? Something's amiss, 100% shouldn't be happening in web browsing and video playback

what would i be looking for while in safe mode? also ill be installing msi ab to test further

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Yeah but not Hulu

What are you using to monitor usage?

He's running Hulu while gaming. Not just Hulu alone.

Just now, Hendricks3 said:

what would i be looking for while in safe mode? also ill be installing msi ab to test further

safe mode will boot only the essentials for windows to run. Boot to windows in safe mode and see if usage is still at 100% during video playback.

Primary PC:

Just now, 5x5 said:

never did i say i was running a game while watching hule?

Just now, fasauceome said:

safe mode will boot only the essentials for windows to run. Boot to windows in safe mode and see if usage is still at 100% during video playback.

Usage while video streaming is higher cause drivers are disabled. Won't really find much.

Just now, 5x5 said:

the way I read it sort of fewels like either way

@Hendricks3 let's clarify, is your CPU at 100% while gaming and video playback is going on at the same time? and normal video playback by itself is fine?

Primary PC:

Just now, Hendricks3 said:

never did i say i was running a game while watching hule?

That's how it's perceived if you ask me. If you're Fett Ng 100% load with only hulu open, run MalwareBytea and Windows Defender.

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

@Hendricks3 let's clarify, is your CPU at 100% while gaming and video playback is going on at the same time? and normal video playback by itself is fine?

Yeah, guess I didn't understand correctly

Punctuation would help. Anyhow,.sounds like either something is disabled, he's streaming at 4K.raw or there is malware

not gaming and streaming videos at the same time i just noticed in esports and sometimes while watching hulu 100% cpu usage

Just now, 5x5 said:

Yeah, guess I didn't understand correctly

Punctuation would help. Anyhow,.sounds like either something is disabled, he's streaming at 4K.raw or there is malware

Even streaming 4k won't peg a modern quad core at 100%, plus on the original post it says 1080p so there's still a piece missing.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Hendricks3 said:

not gaming and streaming videos at the same time i just noticed in esports and sometimes while watching hulu 100% cpu usage

Does this cause performance to suffer

Primary PC:

Does this cause performance to suffer

i havent noticed any but theres still weird why it would be at 100%

5 hours ago, Hendricks3 said:

i havent noticed any but theres still weird why it would be at 100%

it could be an erroneous reading from the software. Have you double checked with afterburner yet?

Primary PC:

it could be an erroneous reading from the software. Have you double checked with afterburner yet?

i have noticed tho artifacts in game

7 minutes ago, Hendricks3 said:

i have noticed tho artifacts in game

Visual artifacts are caused by faulty hardware like a damaged GPU, a CPU at 100% would cause stuttering and inconsistent framerate.

Primary PC:

18 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Visual artifacts are caused by faulty hardware like a damaged GPU, a CPU at 100% would cause stuttering and inconsistent framerate.

i double checked and it bounces from 70-80% usage. And the gpu is like 30-40% usage. is that good?

15 minutes ago, Hendricks3 said:

i double checked and it bounces from 70-80% usage. And the gpu is like 30-40% usage. is that good?

If your performance holds steady, it's fine

Primary PC:

21 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

If your performance holds steady, it's fine

thanks my man i appreciate it