Is HDMI 2.1 out yet? Haven't read anything about it in awhile.

Just got a brand new 4KTV @120hz so was searching around to see if HDMI 2.1 was out yet but didn't really find anything other then this: https://www.amazon.ca/Yellow-price-Genuine-Version-Optical-Ethernet/dp/B07MQ83S7K/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Seems a bit fishy from reading the description saying it can output 8K@120hz so I'm guessing it's a scam. Either way, am I looking in the wrong place or is 2.1 not even out yet? Thanks for the help. 

as far as i know 2.1 isnt really out yet
and all that cable is, is a HDMI with Ethernet with flashy wording

The resolution support isn't so fishy. HDMI 2.1 supports the following resolutions according to the HDMI Forum:

Spoiler
  • 4K50/60
  • 4K100/120
  • 5K50/60
  • 5K100/120
  • 8K50/60
  • 8K100/120
  • 10K50/60
  • 10K100/120

That same page also tells us that the HDMI 2.1 Compliance Test Specification hasn't been completed yet, so HDMI adopters should not be marketing their products as HDMI 2.1 compliant or even as supporting HDMI 2.1 features. It's being released in stages and all we know is that the current version is CTS 2.1a. It might still be a while until that is completed.

So it seems like HDMI 2.1 cables are not available yet. TVs like the LG C9 OLED are definitely shipping with HDMI 2.1 support though so it might not be too long of a wait.

10 minutes ago, WatermelonLesson said:

The resolution support isn't so fishy. HDMI 2.1 supports the following resolutions according to the HDMI Forum:

Reveal hidden contents
  • 4K50/60
  • 4K100/120
  • 5K50/60
  • 5K100/120
  • 8K50/60
  • 8K100/120
  • 10K50/60
  • 10K100/120

That same page also tells us that the HDMI 2.1 Compliance Test Specification hasn't been completed yet, so HDMI adopters should not be marketing their products as HDMI 2.1 compliant or even as supporting HDMI 2.1 features. It's being released in stages and all we know is that the current version is CTS 2.1a. It might still be a while until that is completed.

So it seems like HDMI 2.1 cables are not available yet. TVs like the LG C9 OLED are definitely shipping with HDMI 2.1 support though so it might not be too long of a wait.

Yeah I didn't think the resolution part was fishy but the amount of hertz it was apparently pushing. I think 2.1 is can only push 8K60 so when I read it as much higher, I got skeptical. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer which isn't a big deal but of course would love a smoother picture on my TV which is 4K120. 

4 minutes ago, ImmortalSean said:

I think 2.1 is can only push 8K60 so when I read it as much higher, I got skeptical.

HDMI 2.1 can do 8K120 and even 10K120 when using VESA DSC 1.2a link compression. But uncompressed, it is only 8K60.