new to android :C

so i recently swapped from an iphone to an android device its my first time using one and i'm wondering one two things

1) is there a way to get the notications to show on my lockscreen like on ios so they are easier to check?

2) is there a way to make it so my apps (e.g. discord) are contantly checking for new messages? i only ever see new ones when i load the app not while my phone is locked

any help would be amazing thank you in advance

2 minutes ago, rawrturkey said:

1) is there a way to get the notications to show on my lockscreen like on ios so they are easier to check?

Notifications on the lock screen are definitely a thing. If you're not seeing them check Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Notifications -> On The Lock Screen

6 minutes ago, rawrturkey said:

2) is there a way to make it so my apps (e.g. discord) are contantly checking for new messages? i only ever see new ones when i load the app not while my phone is locked

Apps running in the background should able to receive new messages. I know Discord mobile has issues with this as reported by several people. Additionally, more aggressive power saving options on some phones may close background apps. This is a per phone setting, so I unfortunately can't provide navigation.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

9 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Notifications on the lock screen are definitely a thing. If you're not seeing them check Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Notifications -> On The Lock Screen

Apps running in the background should able to receive new messages. I know Discord mobile has issues with this as reported by several people. Additionally, more aggressive power saving options on some phones may close background apps. This is a per phone setting, so I unfortunately can't provide navigation.

the notifications are sorted now thank you for that i was driving me crazy now i need to figure out why discord isn't sending notifications i have all the settings turnt on and "optimal" power settings my phone is samsung galaxy a70 if that helps

1 minute ago, rawrturkey said:

the notifications are sorted now thank you for that i was driving me crazy now i need to figure out why discord isn't sending notifications i have all the settings turnt on and "optimal" power settings my phone is samsung galaxy a70 if that helps

If possible, change optimal to balanced, unless for some reason optimal is listed between balanced and performance (I wouldn't put it past manufacturers)

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

5 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

If possible, change optimal to balanced, unless for some reason optimal is listed between balanced and performance (I wouldn't put it past manufacturers)

in the "device care" it says learning usage pattern for the battery option and in the screenshot below those are my power options

Screenshot_20190807-193820_Device_care.jpg

7 hours ago, huilun02 said:

What Android device?

samsung galaxy a70