Can motherboards bottleneck a rig

Hi I’m building my first PC and I was wondering if an A320-HDV motherboard would bottleneck a RX 570, Ryzen 5 2600 and 16 gb of ram. I know that I can’t do any over clocking and I’m fine with that but will the A320 actually affect the performance of games. ( and yes it is all compatible I have checked ) Thx alot I appreciate any comments 

5 minutes ago, Shmuel_06 said:

Hi I’m building my first PC and I was wondering if an A320-HDV motherboard would bottleneck a RX 570, Ryzen 5 2600 and 16 gb of ram. I know that I can’t do any over clocking and I’m fine with that but will the A320 actually affect the performance of games. ( and yes it is all compatible I have checked ) Thx alot I appreciate any comments 

You should 100% be buying a B350/B450 board at minimum, the B450 board will have the updated bios you need for the 2000 series CPU.

The Asrock Pro 4 is usually cheap and effective.

But that's more for getting a decent VRM for the CPU, and having overclocking features.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

10 minutes ago, Shmuel_06 said:

Just don’t get a a320 board.  Like @Streetguru has mentioned grab a B450 board of a B350 but doubtful they’ll be cheaper than a B450 nowadays (not sure).

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

yes

a320 holds back memory after 2666 mhz, can thermal throttle and don't even support zen 2

• 4 years later...

Hi I have a prebuilt pc and I have a Asrock A320m/ac and I was wanting to see if a ryzen 7 7500x is compatible

and good for the motherboard

I have a question will a ryzen 7 5700x will bottleneck a Rx 6750xt