Raspberry pi button without breadboard

Go to solution Solved by genxha,

Simply connect 1 wire from button pin to ground and the other to any other pin except 3v/5v. For library you can use GPIOzero that's very good.

There's a LOT of projects on Google.

Hey everyone, as the resident computer guy/python programmer I've been tasked to make a small box that when a button is pressed will speak out a phrase using a speaker. So far I've chosen a raspberry pi zero w and a hdmi audio adapter but being new to the whole gpio thing I've come here to ask if it would be possible to get a momentary switch like this and wire it directly into the pi without a breadboard (due to space limitations) or anything but still maintaining software interaction.

Thanks in advance.

I'm a python programmer and I play trombone

yes, you just need some small wires (and probably a resistor) to solder to the button and gpio headers

6 hours ago, elpiop said:

yes, you just need some small wires (and probably a resistor) to solder to the button and gpio headers

Being new to this can anyone provide a circuiting diagram and/or point me in the direction of which python library i should use to receive input use? If so that would be greatly appreciated

Simply connect 1 wire from button pin to ground and the other to any other pin except 3v/5v. For library you can use GPIOzero that's very good.

9 hours ago, genxha said:

Although there are a lot of projects on google I was thinking the code would be different without a breadboard, in hindsight that's stupid