New CPU cooler for r5 3600

So I've been looking into getting a R5 3600 to replace my R5 1600, I've also been looking into changing my CPU cooler as I'm planning on over-clocking the 3600 as far as it will go while still being stable. I've been thinking of getting the dark rock pro 4 to replace my Cryorig H5 universal because I've heard really good things about it (mostly that it runs practically silent) however i'm a little on the fence about it because by current cooler is can handle up to 160W TDP so I think that the dark rock pro 4 might be a little overkill and I'm honestly not sure if buying a new cooler will be strictly worth it so I'm open to all suggestions. 

EDIT: my case is the NZXT S340 (I know the dark rock doesn't "technically" fit but I have seen pictures of it in my case with the side panel shut)

I always go for Noctua coolers if I plan on building an air cooled system. They can be a bit pricey though.

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

Just now, Fakmykak said:

I always go for Noctua coolers if I plan on building an air cooled system. They can be a bit pricey though.

I do like noctuas stuff, the one thing that really puts me off is the colour of the fans 

Performance wise, with temp at 85C , and noise normalized, it will be nearly identical in fps between the stock cooler and like a D15 or something.

Maybe get the 7 3700X instead it's better than a new cooler anyway. 

2 minutes ago, hello_there_123 said:

Performance wise, with temp at 85C , and noise normalized, it will be nearly identical in fps between the stock cooler and like a D15 or something.

Yeah you cannot get that good of OC with any Ryzen on air cooling. 

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

17 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Maybe get the 7 3700X instead it's better than a new cooler anyway. 

to be honest I don’t really need the 3700X, i’m mostly be using it for gaming and in games the 3600 OC’d is within 2% of the 3700X at so I can’t really justify the extra money for it. 

22 minutes ago, Fakmykak said:

Yeah you cannot get that good of OC with any Ryzen on air cooling. 

My PC travels to and from university with me hence why I don’t typically consider AIOs 

The H5 Universal is already pretty good. I'd recommend seeing how it performs before deciding on whether or not to replace it. 

You can probably get a bit better performance with lower noise if you replaced the stock fan with a quieter one. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.