Taskbar is white

phongle123
Go to solution Solved by VinsinityKT,
18 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

Thanks for the reply. However, this causes everything to become dark not just the taskbar. On the original, it is still on light mode but the taskbar is dark.

Set Change your color: Custom

Choose your default Windows mode: Dark

Choose your default app mode: Light

1903 changes the taskbar to match the theme and default is light.

Hello, I've installed the latest ISO from the Microsoft website onto my USB stick which comes with version 1903. When I install it onto my laptop the taskbar is white. I've tried messing around with themes and it doesn't work unless I've not changed the right settings. The original or previous USB that came with version 1809 will still make my taskbar black but this new USB makes my taskbar white.

What's the solution to this? Thank you.unnamed.thumb.jpg.e8743ae59dd0525fdcf4d1e0f66c3b05.jpg

Search for Dark mode in the start and change "your color" from that dropdown list.

image.png.2b29056dbd672f9b24ee365278517ea9.png

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Search for Dark mode in the start and change "your color" from that dropdown list.

Thanks for the reply. However, this causes everything to become dark not just the taskbar. On the original, it is still on light mode but the taskbar is dark.

18 minutes ago, phongle123 said:

Set Change your color: Custom

Choose your default Windows mode: Dark

Choose your default app mode: Light

1903 changes the taskbar to match the theme and default is light.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

Microsoft fucked it up with 1809. It gets even worse on touch screens where you can't have dark on-screen keyboard without also having dark theme enabled.

Microsoft is entirely incapable of doing shit consistent. They couldn't get language fuckery right basically ever since Windows 8 exists. I need to flip that shit around and deal with stupid language switching toolbar and whatnot. And same is now happening with the themes. They broke the existing interface conventions because of stupid ass dark mode everyone is so hyped about like it's the best shit ever. It's just some black menus ffs...

42 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Microsoft fucked it up with 1809. It gets even worse on touch screens where you can't have dark on-screen keyboard without also having dark theme enabled.

Microsoft is entirely incapable of doing shit consistent.

How is that not consistent?

They couldn't get language fuckery right basically ever since Windows 8 exists. I need to flip that shit around and deal with stupid language switching toolbar and whatnot.

They are 3 ways to change languages. From the menu, keyboard shortcut, or the program you use request a language change.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

How is that not consistent?

They are 3 ways to change languages. From the menu, keyboard shortcut, or the program you use request a language change.

Before I had blue taskbar and start. And dark keyboard. Now I can only have blue taskbar and start and eye scorching WHITE keyboard. If I want that slab of keyboard be dark, well fuck you user, you can only have it when your entire Windows is in fucking dark mode. Thanks Microsoft.

• 3 weeks later...

All I want is my dark taskbar back. This white-ish taskbar looks frickin' sickly. Blegh. I hope someone finds a solution soon; the "start, taskbar, and action center" are grayed out on my computer. -_-

Edit: dark mode will work for now, but this is dumb.

4 hours ago, Deadrewski said:

All I want is my dark taskbar back. This white-ish taskbar looks frickin' sickly. Blegh. I hope someone finds a solution soon; the "start, taskbar, and action center" are grayed out on my computer. -_-

Edit: dark mode will work for now, but this is dumb.

You can pick custom, and pick what you want.