Are AORUS CV27F G-sync compatible?

Mr. Awesome01

I want to use this for my rtx 2060, and there is no information from nvidia page. There is anyone who already test this?

It seems to me that this monitor is only operating in freesync. Looking on their page https://www.aorus.com/CV27F under 'Feature' and then '165Hz' they write: '[...] CV27F supports AMD Radeon™ FreeSync 2 technology [...]'. 

22 minutes ago, SchnoppDog said:

It seems to me that this monitor is only operating in freesync. Looking on their page https://www.aorus.com/CV27F under 'Feature' and then '165Hz' they write: '[...] CV27F supports AMD Radeon™ FreeSync 2 technology [...]'. 

I know about that, but sometimes freesync2 monitor can support gsync compatible even nvidia didnt say it

Then, unfortunately, I can't help you. This is as much as I can tell you. But would it be a problem if it wouldn't be g-sync compatible?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2019 at 3:03 PM, SchnoppDog said:

Then, unfortunately, I can't help you. This is as much as I can tell you. But would it be a problem if it wouldn't be g-sync compatible?

Yeah couse when i use nvidia graphic card, i cant use freesync nor gsync ?

12 hours ago, Mr. Awesome01 said:

Yeah couse when i use nvidia graphic card, i cant use freesync nor gsync ?

I might be able to tell you next week, i just got it 2 days ago but currently using an Vega 56 with it. I'm returning it for a NVIDIA card cause this card uses too much power and space in my little case.

Apart from the Freesync stuff, HDR looks decent enough and the colors look amazing! the colors just pop really good. The coating is very light so the whites look really white too. :D

I don't think you'll miss gsync/freesync that much, i came from an monitor that had none the VG248QE and before that a 1440p 144hz from Samsung but did not notice any tearing without freesync/vsync.

I did think i saw a much smoother gameplay in Apex Legends though.

EDIT: Oh and i did notice slight flickering with Freesync enabled, disabling it and the flickering stopped but it wasn't that noticeable or distracting to me.

But that might be cause of the severe FPS drops i had in Elder Scrolls Online so LFC(Low Framerate Compensation) kicks in.

EDIT2: Ok wait, i'm pretty sure i watched a video where Gigabyte talk about these new monitors the CV27F and their 25" 240hz monitor and heard the guy say both will be G-Sync Compatible.

WIP: Ryzen 5 3600@4,2ghz | G.Skill 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming | ASRock B450M Steel Legend

Corsair Crystal 280X | Cooler Master MWE 550W | Gigabyte CV27F 1080p 165hz

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2019 at 10:49 PM, Mr. Awesome01 said:

I want to use this for my rtx 2060, and there is no information from nvidia page. There is anyone who already test this?

I have the Aorus CV27F monitor and works great with my GTX1070. I have turned FreeSync On from the menu of the monitor and the G-sync from Nvidia Control Panel and it all works like a charm. I can  even use HDR and 10bit color (8bit+FRC most likely since it is an 8bit panel) without any issue. Great monitor for this price, and very well made, above most other renown manufacturers.