The Evolution of my OG rig.

Krolla

Hello everyone Im new to the forums. I didn't see an official "introduce yourself" section so i thought what better way then with my rig yeah?

So i originally bought all the parts for this rig off Newegg.com back in 2014 to build a "Hackintosh" after watching MKBHD's YouTube series on his Hackintosh. I believe most of the parts were off a build guide on Tonymac86.com  

Case:Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced (actually already had this from previous build)

MotherboardGIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5 GHz  (currently running at 4.5Ghz more on that below)

GPU: EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2765-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 760 2GB (I have 2 of these running in Sli)

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V version 2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified 

Cooling: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i

System HHD: WD Blue 7200RPM (SSD's were pretty expensive back when i bought the parts. And just haven't bothered to get one since.)

Keybored: RAZER Ornata Chroma (I just recently got this though)

Mouse: Logitch M510

Displays: Acer G6 Series G246HL Black 24" TN 5ms (GTG) 60 Hz (2x) (Honestly didnt really know much about displays at the time and these were on sale i think.) 

Sound: Logitech ZX2300 (Suuuuuper OG speakers)

So I built the Hackintosh and got it running. The MB had built in OC buttons one labled "Turbo" from what i understood at the time was if you pressed it not only did it light up "Turbo" which was badass but it read what CPU you had and picked a profile it thought was best. The one it chose was 4.27Ghz. And it ran pretty stable so i left it. Ran it like that for years. Heres a video on Youtube i did of it compared to a 4 and 8 core Mac Pro as well as another Hackintosh But ot got a 854cb on Cinibench (i think it was v14) Dont judge lol.

Recently (like a month ago) i decided i wanted to go back to Windows 10 so i redid the system with Windows on it and got a cool RGB keybored.

Now ive always known about LTT on YouTube but like as of a few days ago YouTube was really pushing his videos on me so i started watching a ton of them. I saw he ran Cinibench a lot so i was curious what my OG now Windows machine got. It was 1560cb (with the MB's "Turbo" 4.27Ghz setting)

Then i started watching the scrapyard wars and that got me thinking. I wonder what i could really get my system to do (since the parts im running could very well be in a scrapyard video in 2019 lol) So i watched some more LTT on OCing he even had one on the 4770k I also hooked up the RGB on the H100i (Since i didnt bother on the Mac since i didnt work) Also did a bios update ( was 4 versions behind) And ive gotten it OCed stable at 4.5Ghz so far 30ºC at idle @768mhz-1.2ghz) and 80-82º @4.5ghz Cinibench score of 1965cb !!!

Anyways i felt pretty proud for making the most of my rig let me know what you guys think. I attached some pics of it currently. Ill post some inside case pics later if you guys want.

IMG_20190730_002215.jpg

IMG_20190730_002224.jpg

5 hours ago, seoz said:

Welcome! Build and setup look lovely. :) A fellow Marvel fan, I see.

Thank you. Big fan of MCU and The Office