A problem with a pc

theofficialgibbs
Go to solution Solved by Faisal A,

@theofficialgibbs Have you tried giving the cable a little shake ?

So I’m not sure what forum this should go in so putting it in this one. I built a brand new pc from scratch and it has been working perfectly for a while (3 months) but recently it has started to shut down randomly with on the RAM still on. Sometimes it won’t turn back on with the power button is pressed sometimes it turns back on randomly. Not sure what the problem is and I don’t want to mess around with it and end up breaking it for good cause getting a replacement is spenny as most of you already know. Some help would be really great cause this is slightly worrying. Many thanks. 

oh yeah specs. Amd ryzen 7 2700x cpu. Corsair h100i cooler. Evga 2070 gpu. Tomahawk b450 motherboard. Seagate 1tb hdd. Samsung ssd 500gb. Evga 750 G3 power. G skill trident Z 16gb ram (2x 8gb)

Does switching the power supply off then back on change anything?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

That happened to me to. Turned out it was a broken 24 pin atx power cable, and whenever I shook it too hard, it shut down and showed the sleep LED

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

20 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Does switching the power supply off then back on change anything?

Sometimes but not always

22 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

That happened to me to. Turned out it was a broken 24 pin atx power cable, and whenever I shook it too hard, it shut down and showed the sleep LED

3 minutes ago, theofficialgibbs said:

Sometimes but not always

@Faisal A

@Faisal A I removed all cables from the power and mobo and slotted then back in and now letting it run to see it it shuts off

so this is solved ( i think) must have been a loose cable due to my fat fingers not pushing it in hard enough

anyways thanks @Faisal A for your help and @fasauceome for the the small but useful input.

Advanced issues found

21 hours ago, theofficialgibbs said:

...must have been a loose cable due to my fat fingers not pushing it in hard enough...

This comment! ?✌️? It happens a lot of sometimes, something so basic like connecting well your equipment can solve a hundred problems, I'm sure anyone in this forum has experienced the same...

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming