Desktop PC randomly shows no signal after freezing to a solid color

Hello. I build my new pc just a couple of months back. It has b450 Tomahawk, Ryzen 5 1600, Radeon rx570, 8 GB x 2 Corsair 3000 Mhz, 500 GB Crucial M.2 SSD. I put it all together in Corsair spec 05 box and powered it with corsair cx450 power supply. It was working better than expected but all of a sudden it started shutting down in the middle of a session. What I mean by shutting down is my screen randomly freezes to a solid color and then starts showing "no signal" message. I then have to force restart it from the power button. Sometimes it works fine for long hours, sometimes this happens in short intervals of time. I dont do much resource heavy work. CPU and GPU mainly remains below 10 percent mark. Would love to get some insight on the issue as I have no idea whats going wrong in my brand new pc. Thankyou very much for your time.

Hello, I seem to have the exact same problem as you do with my build which is:

* CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 running stock
* GPU: RX 480 8GB Sapphire Nitro+ OC (2nd hand) running stock, 1306MHz clock speed and 2000MHz Memory
* SSD: Kingston A400 480GB
* RAM: 2 x ADATA XPG Gammix D10 Red 8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL16 running stock at 2666MHz
* MB: Asus TUF B450-M Gaming
* Power supply:  Corsair VS Series VS550 550W

After the restart, do you get the "Default Wattman settings have been restored to default due to unexpected system failure"?

However, the system seems a bit more stable after changing the Global Wattman settings and lowering the Clock speed from 1306MHz to 1265MHz in STATE 7 Max, the voltage control from 1168mV to 1118mV also in STATE 7 Max and lowering the memory frequency from 2000MHz to 1950MHz

I will be returning the GPU tomorrow and get it replaced with another one because for me, it seems that this is a GPU problem. I even tried to use an older version of the driver, currently on 19.5.2 (was on 19.7.3) and still got the crash. I get crashes even if I OC the RAM to 3000MHz and also if I leave it on default at 2666MHz

3 hours ago, Dwyde said:

Hello, I seem to have the exact same problem as you do with my build which is:

* CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 running stock
* GPU: RX 480 8GB Sapphire Nitro+ OC (2nd hand) running stock, 1306MHz clock speed and 2000MHz Memory
* SSD: Kingston A400 480GB
* RAM: 2 x ADATA XPG Gammix D10 Red 8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL16 running stock at 2666MHz
* MB: Asus TUF B450-M Gaming
* Power supply:  Corsair VS Series VS550 550W

After the restart, do you get the "Default Wattman settings have been restored to default due to unexpected system failure"?

Yeah, I get the same notification. I changed my ram speed from 3000 mhz to 2100 mhz but no result. I didnt tamper with my graphics card though which is a brand new GPU. Keep me updated if you find something new regarding the issue. Thanks for the reply!