Laptop has very bad graphics in certain circumstances

Hey guys,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320s 15" (really great laptop for university I can highly recommend) and ever since I got it, about 2 years ago, I had a very strange problem with it.

In certain applications, the graphics are pretty bad and look very blurry. Watching youtube videos or doing general office work works without any problems whatsoever and the graphics are "crisp af", if I may say. The Ideapad320s has a dedicated graphics card, the GT920MX with 2GB VRAM. I tried fiddling around with the options but nothing seemed to be of any help nor did it do anything.

I took a screenshot of how the text I'm writing right now vs. the CPU-Z window as an example to further "support my case". Obviously, PC graphics are completely different from mobile graphics but I never had that problem even when I had the MSI Aero ITX 1050 (which has 2GB VRAM as well) about 4 to 5 months ago. On the attached screenshot you can better see what I mean and the difference in detail: the very sharp and crisp-looking text I'm writing right now and the blurry text on the cpu-z window.

Unknown.png

Current rig

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X  | Cooling: Wraith Prism stock cooler for now, NZXT Kraken X62 soon | MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3000MhzCL16 g.skill Trident Z Neo | 

GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X | PSU: Corsair RM650(2019)   Boot:  500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD  | Storage: 1x 1TB WD Blue (WD10EZEX) HDD | Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR600 w/o ODD | Display: Acer Nitro XV2 XV272UP 1440p 144Hz | OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Old rig

CPU: Intel Core i5 7500  | Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock | MOBO: ASUS Prime Z270-K | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3000mhzCL15 Corsair Vengeance RGB with heatcage on top (predecessor of RGB Pro ram) | GPU: AMD Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB | PSU: Corsair TXM550 80+ Gold   Boot:  500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD  | HDD: 1TB 7200 RPM Seagate Barracuda  | Case: Cooltek TG-01 | Display: ASUS VX238H | OS: Windows 10 Pro.

It doesn't look too bad to be honest. If it's mainly text you're having issues with, you can try going through the ClearType setup in windows, maybe that will help.

Should be Windows related settings like scaling and visual effects

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128