I need build ideas [BUDGET]

Brilled
Go to solution Solved by SenioRR,

Here is my suggestion:

Use the APU for now but in the future you can replace it with a regular Ryzen CPU and thrown in a GPU.

The case I have chosen is, in my opinion, one of the best budget cases which also looks great.

You obviously should go for a case you prefer if you don't like it.

Howdy.

I need a PC build for the price range of about $400, which is upgradable for the most part.

EDIT: It needs to run Terraria & Minecraft with mods

Thanks and good luck.

2200g

Asrock b450 pro 4

Corsair CX 2017 450Watt

Rx 570 power color

Adata SSD 240GB or Galaz SSD 240GB or WD Blue 7200rpm 1TB

Any kind of cheap ram 4x2 . KLevv. trident.

Case is up to you. 

my total budget was like 470$ ish

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

Here is my suggestion:

Use the APU for now but in the future you can replace it with a regular Ryzen CPU and thrown in a GPU.

The case I have chosen is, in my opinion, one of the best budget cases which also looks great.

You obviously should go for a case you prefer if you don't like it.

1 minute ago, Wolfycapt said:

2200g

Asrock b450 pro 4

Corsair CX 2017 450Watt

Rx 570 power color

Adata SSD 240GB or Galaz SSD 240GB or WD Blue 7200rpm 1TB

Any kind of cheap ram 4x2 . KLevv. trident.

Case is up to you. 

my total budget was like 470$ ish

Thanks for the build. I will take a look at this build, just one question, which component is the motherboard? I'm still learning.

1 minute ago, SenioRR said:

Here is my suggestion:

Holy, thanks so much for your help!

I'll mark this as solved.

Many Thanks!

1 minute ago, Brilled said:

Many Thanks!

No worries. Just a little note in terms of upgrades: get a GPU first once you're ready. The APU will run just fine with a GPU in the build.

You could also save a little bit by going for 8GB of DDR4 but this 16GB kit is a very good deal in my opinion and it also runs at a nice speed of 3200MHZ which any Ryzen CPU/APU will be happy to utilise.

1 minute ago, SenioRR said:

No worries. Just a little note in terms of upgrades: get a GPU first once you're ready. The APU will run just fine with a GPU in the build.

You could also save a little bit by going for 8GB of DDR4 but this 16GB kit is a very good deal in my opinion and it also runs at a nice speed of 3200MHZ which any Ryzen CPU/APU will be happy to utilise.

You have been a massive help!

10 minutes ago, Brilled said:

Many Thanks!

Would recommend changing the case that @SenioRR suggested, has been known to have pretty bad airflow problems. Power Supply is pretty overkill too. 

Something like this could be better:

much better case for airflow, has a larger SSD and is $50 under budget. remember to download windows onto the SSD and not your hard drive. I went for 8GB RAM because you're really not gonna max 16GB of RAM out on this level of hardware

If you're having problems with building your pc, you can watch this video, it helped me a lot with my first build ?

12 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Would recommend changing the case that @SenioRR suggested, has been known to have pretty bad airflow problems. Power Supply is pretty overkill too. 

Something like this could be better:

much better case for airflow, has a larger SSD and is $50 under budget. remember to download windows onto the SSD and not your hard drive. I went for 8GB RAM because you're really not gonna max 16GB of RAM out on this level of hardware

If you're having problems with building your pc, you can watch this video, it helped me a lot with my first build ?

He did say he wanted to make it upgradeable.

I wouldn't cheap out on the motherboard just in case he wants to upgrade to an 8 core Ryzen 3700x, for example, and slightly overclock it.

The more powerful PSU will also allow him to stick pretty much any GPU and any Ryzen CPU in it without having to worry about power.

16GB of DDR4 will also keep him running for a very long time whereas 8GB can be maxed out these days.

2 minutes ago, SenioRR said:

He did say he wanted to make it upgradeable.

I wouldn't cheap out on the motherboard just in case he wants to upgrade to an 8 core Ryzen 3700x, for example, and slightly overclock it.

The more powerful PSU will also allow him to stick pretty much any GPU and any Ryzen CPU in it without having to worry about power.

16GB of DDR4 will also keep him running for a very long time whereas 8GB can be maxed out these days.

Ah, missed that bit. Would still highly recommend changing the case to the Thermaltake Versa H15 though, has far far far superior airflow

Also, it's basically impossible to OC ryzen 3000 and have decent performance improvement, stock clocks are pretty much the max unless you LN2 or have a custom loop