How to skip certain router hops?

Llamaiscracked

So ive been trouble shooting my terrible ping recently and i beleive its a bad router in the trace route is it possible for me to skip certain hops?

Here is the tracert info and my dicord name is :Llama#0029  , help would be greatly appriciated!! image.thumb.png.1b54c07959e1a486adfb6ff97e25acc5.png

Unfortunately no, end users are generally unable to influence the route their traffic takes to the destination. Routes are usually determined by what networks your ISP is peering with and what routes those peer networks announce. However some routes will change all the time as load changes along the different paths and routers redirect traffic to different peers. 

Things you can do that can influence the route are, 1) change the destination. If there are other servers that provide the service, perhaps the route to them will be less congested. 2) Change the source. This is harder to do you do not have multiple ISPs available. 3) Use a proxy or middleman service to proxy the traffic for you. Depending on what you are trying to do, a VPN may be of use.

15 hours ago, meun5 said:

Unfortunately no, end users are generally unable to influence the route their traffic takes to the destination. Routes are usually determined by what networks your ISP is peering with and what routes those peer networks announce. However some routes will change all the time as load changes along the different paths and routers redirect traffic to different peers. 

Things you can do that can influence the route are, 1) change the destination. If there are other servers that provide the service, perhaps the route to them will be less congested. 2) Change the source. This is harder to do you do not have multiple ISPs available. 3) Use a proxy or middleman service to proxy the traffic for you. Depending on what you are trying to do, a VPN may be of use.

Thanks, maybe we could hop on discord and try and resolve the issue?

Is there a specific reason you traceroute to 2.2.2.2 which is routed by Orange (a french ISP) and does not answer on ICMP(ping)? 
Your latency to that from US will be bad to start with. 

And as meun5 says, there are no good way for you to manipulate your routing without a VPN, but then you should keep in mind that you depend on that specific VPN-endpoint to have enough bandwidth and CPU for your traffic.