Budget Ryzen build

Aniallation

So I've not been present on the forum as I used to be a while ago, and not because I went somewhere else but things ended up changing in life and I just didn't have time to put into heavily keeping up with PC culture in the over few years. I've still been somewhat looking at things occasionally but been pretty out of the loop and clearly nobody misses me haha. Anyways after long enough sticking with my HP SFF i5-2400 system it finally started to really show its age. A low profile GTX 1050 was able to hold me off on upgrading for a bit, but then I started running into problems with having just 2GB of VRAM. So with not a whole lot to spend on a PC I set out to see what I could piece together with cheap and used parts.

Build parts and costs

Ryzen 3 1200 and MSI B450M Gaming Pro motherboard: $100 - used

Deepcool Gamaxx GT cooler - $40 - New

16GB Team Elite DDR4 RAM: $50 - used

Kingston V300 240GB SSD and 320GB HDD: removed from old PC

MSI RX 480 8GB Gaming X: $150 - used

Seasonic S12II 500W PSU: $30 - used

Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 case: $70 - New

Deepcool RF120M RGB LED fan: $10 - New

Wireless card: $20 - New

Total cost: $470 (Canadian dollars, so about $360 USD) 

hreUDgt.jpg

krLNBnA.jpg

XVBuJ27.jpg

Well at least now I can have a PC that is aesthetically pleasing to look at, can render videos better than the HP that barely did real-time speed at 480p, and can run the occasional games I play like beamng drive at decent frame rates. I've never had a problem with buying used components which really saved me a lot on this build, and I usually recommend to my friends to try the same too. I do plan to upgrade the CPU in the future to a 2700 or 3600 but that's something I'll have to save up towards. For the time being it works great, CPU at 3.9GHz 1.35v stable and GPU at 1380MHz stable.

"Rawr XD"

And here I Am still waiting for my 3 1200 from Aliexpress. I want a ram that cost like that here, that's is such a deal. But fortunately I could get a RX480 8gb for around 70-100usd easily bless my gpu used market. 

24 minutes ago, Oalei said:

And here I Am still waiting for my 3 1200 from Aliexpress. I want a ram that cost like that here, that's is such a deal. But fortunately I could get a RX480 8gb for around 70-100usd easily bless my gpu used market. 

Great build for CS:GO and all desktop activities. hehe  Like watching utube videos or a movie or listen to music or use Office app or  Quicken and e-mail.  That is all I would do with that machine and be forced to play a decade old engine with CS:GO with the sh*Ty graphics but the guns are cool,,, I pruned that sh*T fast,,,,, cheesey   Try Quake Champions ,,,,,,, best mulitplayer frag game ever.  Tops UT

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

18 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Great build for CS:GO and all desktop activities. hehe  Like watching utube videos or a movie or listen to music or use Office app or  Quicken and e-mail.  That is all I would do with that machine and be forced to play a decade old engine with CS:GO with the sh*Ty graphics but the guns are cool,,, I pruned that sh*T fast,,,,, cheesey   Try Quake Champions ,,,,,,, best mulitplayer frag game ever.  Tops UT

Well I was planning on 5 1400 for the hyperthreading but Nah I want a 5 3600 next year. Yeah I only play old esports Like dota 2 and csgo, one of the reason I want to build a PC is because of Hitman, as long as it's F2P I will try it. 

1 minute ago, Oalei said:

Well I was planning on 5 1400 for the hyperthreading but Nah I want a 5 3600 next year. Yeah I only play old esports Like dota 2 and csgo, one of the reason I want to build a PC is because of Hitman, as long as it's F2P I will try it. 

Which hitman ?  original ? Cuz that is a heavy hungry game sorta like Lara Croft but not as low of frame rates and what not.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Cool case my friend.. Literally! lol  Your case is worth more then the CPU,,, hmmm something sounds not right LOL,,,,, but ya CS:GO wiill be fine or classic older DX9 games.

5 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Which hitman ?  original ? Cuz that is a heavy hungry game sorta like Lara Croft but not as low of frame rates and what not.

All of them, mostly the Hitman 1 and 2, Well it's going to be fine in 60fps ultra settings 720p hope so.

50 minutes ago, Oalei said:

All of them, mostly the Hitman 1 and 2, Well it's going to be fine in 60fps ultra settings 720p hope so.

Yes 720p will do some justice,, once again no no hun to hitman LOL

1 hour ago, Turtle Rig said:

Cool case my friend.. Literally! lol  Your case is worth more then the CPU,,, hmmm something sounds not right LOL,,,,, but ya CS:GO wiill be fine or classic older DX9 games.

I play mostly beamng drive, Forza horizon 3/4, and that's about it at the moment. Don't really have that much time for games haha, but CPU is the first planned upgrade in the near future

"Rawr XD"

1 hour ago, Oalei said:

RX480 8gb for around 70-100usd

Holy crap, that's insane.

That's about the price I regularly see GTX 970s for on my local Craigslist.

My GTX 1070 was bought for $210 though, I think that was an excellent deal.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

11 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Anything above RX580 have bad pricing and also nVidia cards for some reasons 700, 900 and 1000 series, the rest is like almost have the same price. Vega is around that price of 260usd I think you can get a red devil model or a blower for the same price more or less 220usd.

Well it's the best you can get cheers man. 

>Coolermaster NR400

I was looking at one of these the other day, seems to be very nice for a budget M-ATX case. Might pick one up.

Nice build btw.

if you are ever near a Microcenter swing in and grab a Ryzen 5 1600 for $80 USD and have an even more banging system.

7 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That's about what they go for here too, you can pick up a 480 4GB for about 100-120 CAD. Just decided that for 150 I could pick up the 8GB version instead which also had a better cooler + nicer backplate and wasn't used for mining.

7 hours ago, Reece Frost said:

>Coolermaster NR400

I was looking at one of these the other day, seems to be very nice for a budget M-ATX case. Might pick one up.

Nice build btw.

It's a great case especially for the price, I'm very happy with it. Real tempered glass side panel, lots of space for cable management, PSU shroud, and just generally feels good to work with, no sharp edges or anything like that. Even includes a magnetic dust filter for the top. The two fans that come with it work decently well but feel awful, they flex like cardboard, probably replacing them at some point but that's my only gripe.

19 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

if you are ever near a Microcenter swing in and grab a Ryzen 5 1600 for $80 USD and have an even more banging system.

Canada so no Microcenter

"Rawr XD"