What headset

H40N

Hey folks, my old headset broke, so im now looking for a new one. i've looked a bit around but i dont really know what to buy.

im looking for a headset which is; Wireless, Has Great Audio quality, surroundsond ofc., mobillity, COMFORT, okay mic and i cant pay more than 150USD 4 it. i hope you can help me!!! :D

For good audio quality all-around, I’d say get ones with at least 40mm neodymium magnet drivers, and for good mic quality I’d suggest ones with noise cancelling. Heres what has those specs that I could find:

Logitech G935 Wireless $130 

SteelSeries Arctis 7 $150

However if your willing to go wired (improves audio quality, and max volume), I’d suggest something from Massdrop/Sennheiser’s partnered models.

8 hours ago, EpicWaffles449 said:

For good audio quality all-around, I’d say get ones with at least 45mm neodymium magnet drivers, and for good mic quality I’d suggest ones with noise cancelling. Heres what has those specs that I could find:

Logitech G935 Wireless $130 ...

Seems to be the only one that I could find with decent build quality, and matching specs hopefully this helped.

However if your willing to go wired (improves frequency response, and max volume), I’d suggest Razer Kraken 7.1 V2’s (my personal headset) or something from Massdrop/Sennheiser’s partnered models.

mostly advice going razer as from looking at measuremnts and my own experience they don't know how to tune a headphone for gaming.

9 hours ago, rice guru said:

mostly advice going razer as from looking at measuremnts and my own experience they don't know how to tune a headphone for gaming.

That's absolutely true for anything pre 2017 Razer or on the low-end, however in the many headsets I've tested, with minimal tuning in the Synapse software, you can bring them back from the monstrous default settings (like the default Bass Boost usage). Plus the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2’s have 50mm neodymium magnet drivers and a suprisingly accurate (as advertised) frequency response of 12Hz-28Khz.

1 minute ago, EpicWaffles449 said:

That's absolutely true for anything pre 2017 Razer or on the low-end, however in the many headsets I've tested, with minimal tuning in the Synapse software, you can bring them back from the monstrous default settings (like the default Bass Boost usage). Plus the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2’s have 50mm neodymium magnet drivers and a frequency response of 12Hz-28Khz.

that tells me nothing about how they are tuned aside from the size material and frequency they can play

this is what I mean by tuning  having empasized bass while great for fun music listening is kinda bad for gaming as gunshots and explsions will be emphasized/  the recessed high mid to mid treble isn't very good as those frequencies tend to be where things like footsteps are . so what this is ensuring is you hear gunshots but can't tell where people are running.  

this is the frequency response chart for the krakern v2 by the way .

Razer Kraken Pro V2 Frequency Response

while i'm not the biggest fan of them here is the arctis 7

they are more competently tuned for gaming as they keep a relatively neutral frequency responce with a good emphasis on the higer frequencies ensuring gunshots and explsions aren't put over the more important footsteps. 

SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Frequency Response

And I agree fully, I wasn't trying to argue, I was just trying to make a point of my 2 years daily driving experience with the Kraken 7.1 v2’s and how well I felt they held up in my tests, but indeed the ’tuned for gaming’ driver marketing is flawed considering their lack of knowledgeable testers.