Full Bezel-Less Monitor

So I was thinking, there are loads of "thin bezel" monitors but none of them actually are. Even if the side bezels on them are really thin they still exist, also even these ones have a fat bezel on the bottom. My question is why are there no true bezel-less monitors that would allow you to set them up in a way that makes them seem like there's only one big monitor in front of you? I know that even then there would be at least a slightly visible border between them but it would be so good for something like a racing simulator rig or a mega workstation with 4 displays forming a rectangle that would look like just one big monitor, all this could probably work even better with curved displays.

6 minutes ago, Jakub_NF said:

So I was thinking, there are loads of "thin bezel" monitors but none of them actually are. Even if the side bezels on them are really thin they still exist, also even these ones have a fat bezel on the bottom. My question is why are there no true bezel-less monitors that would allow you to set them up in a way that makes them seem like there's only one big monitor in front of you? I know that even then there would be at least a slightly visible border between them but it would be so good for something like a racing simulator rig or a mega workstation with 4 displays forming a rectangle that would look like just one big monitor, all this could probably work even better with curved displays.

My guess is that we're able to do it with phones because of OLED panels, and as you know, almost every phone nowadays has an OLED and thin bezels. There are a handful that are still IPS or have a backlight, and those are thicker. But really, there aren't too many people looking for ultra thin bezels. I haven't seen or heard of anyone using triple monitors for gaming in a long time, which is really one of the few use cases where I think it's needed. But again, some people think that's overkill and just get the 32:9 ultrawides instead, which are becoming increasingly more common.

And the thing about curved displays - they're made so that at a certain point, every pixel is the same distance apart. If you have a display that's three feet long, that's going to be quiet a thick monitor. Like if you mounted that to the wall, and the curve was designed so that every pixel is the same distance away at three feet away, you'd probably have like ten centimeters of space between the wall and the edge of the display

hi

pipes
Undervolting 5700 (not mine but important)

There is, kinda. 

It's only a prototype at this point, and I doubt it'll be in the hands of consumers for a long time.

There's also something ASUS was working on: 

Not sure if/when that'll be available. It was at CES 2018, so if it's not available, it might be a discontinued idea.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

19 hours ago, TheKDub said:

There is, kinda. 

It's only a prototype at this point, and I doubt it'll be in the hands of consumers for a long time.

There's also something ASUS was working on: 

Not sure if/when that'll be available. It was at CES 2018, so if it's not available, it might be a discontinued idea.

I knew about this asus kit but that's arguably even worse than normal bezels side by side because it simply takes parts of the image from each monitor and blends them together causing the user to lose a certain amount of image being displayed.

Without a bezel on a LCD you would see the edge of the LCD panel which is like a metal frame which is kinda ugly. Without that metal frame you would get massive light bleed from the backlight.

Displays that dont have bezels, like the costly OLED glass TV's, dont have bezels because the OLED is effectively printed onto the chosen substrate, the pixels simply end, no need for a backlight or to hide anything.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |