help! Reinstall OS on a new SSD

Go to solution Solved by GnB,

Yup should be possible from the installer straight up, if not install your Windows first to the 120gb SSD, go into the BIOS, change the boot order that the first place is then your 120gb SSD and reboot from there you can use Diskpart oder Disk Management.

(After the fresh install dont forget your drivers) ;)

Hi guys I just bought a 120 GB ssd for the OS.

but I already installed the OS on a 512gb nvme.

I wanted to install the OS on the new 120gb ssd and delete everything that i installed on the nvme (i have no problem in wiping it cause its actually a new build)

can someone tell me how to do it?

can i just disconnect the nvme, install the OS on the new ssd then reconnect the nvme and format it from disk management?

If I understand correctly, you want to format both and install the OS on the 120gb ssd?

6 minutes ago, GnB said:

If I understand correctly, you want to format both and install the OS on the 120gb ssd?

yes i want to format the 512 gb where i installed the os in the first place and use the new 120 gb for windows 10 only.

Do you have something like a bootable usb stick with Win10 installer on it? If not head over to microsoft and download the media creation tool for the latest iso etc.

5 minutes ago, GnB said:

Do you have something like a bootable usb stick with Win10 installer on it? If not head over to microsoft and download the media creation tool for the latest iso etc.

yes i have a bootable usb with the iso,

so can i use that to install win10 on 120gb ssd, and then format the 512 nvme from the disk management?

Yup should be possible from the installer straight up, if not install your Windows first to the 120gb SSD, go into the BIOS, change the boot order that the first place is then your 120gb SSD and reboot from there you can use Diskpart oder Disk Management.

(After the fresh install dont forget your drivers) ;)