Lisa Britton, a children's author

Hey.

While on Twitter, I came across this user named Lisa Britton.
https://twitter.com/LisaBritton

She happens to be an author of children's books in Los Angeles and they all deal with relevant topics to today such as cyberbullying and, in particular,
gender equality.

I am posting this, personally, because I believe this author deserves more recognition for her work and I sincerely hope
anyone reading this will spread word of this to their friends and family on and offline.

I encourage you to read through her tweets and check out her website.
http://lisamichellebritton.com/books

I don't think things like gender equality and cyberbullying is really suitable for children. When I was a kid I read about Hungry Caterpillars, Spot the Dog etc. Just let kids be kids. 

Not gonna lie, $14.50 for a 47 page paperback book is way too much.

Another issue, just because her books carry a positive message it doesn't mean the books themselves are good. Believe me, I had to scour the childrens book market at one point, and you quickly learn that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

4 hours ago, floofer said:

I don't think things like gender equality and cyberbullying is really suitable for children. When I was a kid I read about Hungry Caterpillars, Spot the Dog etc. Just let kids be kids. 

I'm with Floofer. Outside of LA, I've never seen a child have anything to do with gender equality. I'm assuming that's also going into the LGBTQ?!@#%^$*)& "community" which kids also aren't a part of because they don't understand any of it.

Cyber bullying isn't something 6 year olds should be concerned with, and there should be a better way to teach kids to deal with bullies than what I'm assuming would be in those books. Cyber bullying itself is generally also laughably easy to avoid since most methods of cyber communications allow for blocking people and there's no physical harm. Having another 6 year old call me a poopy head online isn't my biggest concern as a child. I say this as having a portion of my high school "friends" group making a Facebook hate group page for me. I was kind of impressed they put effort into doing something like that which affected me exactly not at all.

I'm also of the opinion that kids should get into fights and find ways to deal with physical bullies on their own so they actually grow a spine and become more independent. Not once has asking a teacher or other grown up ever actually accomplished anything, but kicking the other kids ass did. At best, by forcing kids to go to adults they're being made more dependent on others, instead of being able to handle things on their own. Same goes for letting your kids out of the house before they're 13.

#Muricaparrotgang