Area 51m repaste

Hello everyone 

My area 51m with i9 9900k and 2080 is hitting high temps on stock thermal so I want to try repasteing I've looked at kryonaut but everywere I look the prices vary between low and high.

Can anyone link me to one to buy so I know I'm getting the right 1.  I want to repaste cpu and gpu.

16 hours ago, Avidacer said:

Hello everyone 

My area 51m with i9 9900k and 2080 is hitting high temps on stock thermal so I want to try repasteing I've looked at kryonaut but everywere I look the prices vary between low and high.

Can anyone link me to one to buy so I know I'm getting the right 1.  I want to repaste cpu and gpu.

Kryonaut is the worst thermal paste out there! It starts out with great performance temps, then within 3-5 days, the temps start rising slowly to a point where you can't use your laptop anymore!

The best thermal pastes are as follows:

- PHOBYA NanoGrease Extreme (Best thermal paste)

- Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut (Best Liquid Metal if you have the patience to apply it)

I replaced the crappy stock thermal paste with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on the CPU and PHOBYA NanoGrease Extreme on the CPU and the temps dropped by 10C for the CPU and 5C for the GPU

Here's a pic of when I applied it:

Ik1SDBL.jpg

For regular/non liquid metal paste, I recommend you use the X Cross method rather than the pea sized dot method when applying the thermal paste.

The X Cross method is the best in my experience as once the heatsink is fitted, it provides the maximum coverage with the least air bubbles

BdcadBs.jpg

https://youtu.be/EyXLu1Ms-q4

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

8 hours ago, Ultra Male said:

snip

And CM Mastergel Maker Nano too. Perform better than Kryonaut in my laptop.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

On 7/17/2019 at 1:43 PM, Ultra Male said:

Kryonaut is the worst thermal paste out there! It starts out with great performance temps, then within 3-5 days, the temps start rising slowly to a point where you can't use your laptop anymore!

The best thermal pastes are as follows:

- PHOBYA NanoGrease Extreme (Best thermal paste)

- Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut (Best Liquid Metal if you have the patience to apply it)

I replaced the crappy stock thermal paste with Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on the CPU and PHOBYA NanoGrease Extreme on the CPU and the temps dropped by 10C for the CPU and 5C for the GPU

Here's a pic of when I applied it:

Ik1SDBL.jpg

For regular/non liquid metal paste, I recommend you use the X Cross method rather than the pea sized dot method when applying the thermal paste.

The X Cross method is the best in my experience as once the heatsink is fitted, it provides the maximum coverage with the least air bubbles

BdcadBs.jpg

https://youtu.be/EyXLu1Ms-q4

Any particular reason why you went with thermal paste for the GPU instead? I was thinking of doing liquid metal for both the CPU and GPU, but just wanted to know if there was something I missed about GPU and if I should avoid doing liquid metal to it. 

4 hours ago, CheeseGrater said:

Any particular reason why you went with thermal paste for the GPU instead?

LM don't perform any better for GPU in most cases

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

6 hours ago, CheeseGrater said:

Any particular reason why you went with thermal paste for the GPU instead? I was thinking of doing liquid metal for both the CPU and GPU, but just wanted to know if there was something I missed about GPU and if I should avoid doing liquid metal to it. 

The GPU doesn't overheat much and doesn't need the super high conductivity of liquid metal to perform well and not thermal throttle. I could have used LM but call it laziness or extra pre-cautious, I don't see the risk to reward factor and oh, I never overclock my GPU unless it's for showing off in a benchmark but for now, the RTX 2080 can handle any game at max settings easily.

Also, do not underestimae Phobya NanoGrease Extreme, it is the best non-metal thermal paste right now.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro