I despise Glass Backed Phones - Please Advise

Caius Filimon

Hey everyone,

I would be forever grateful if any of you would be so kind so as to recommend a good, modern phone (recently released; preferably with a SD855/Kirin 980) with a metal back.

I am extremely tempted by the Red Magic 3 as it not only has a metal unibody, but an in-built fan, all for a very reasonable price. I was wondering if there are any other options out there.

I despise the idea of glass backed phones; it's bad for thermals, it cracks easily, and it doesn't feel as good in the hand as metal. 

If anyone has a list of metal backed/uni-body phones that they could share, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you!

I dont know of any flag ships without a glass back.. Pixel 3a is the only decent phone I can think of that doesn't use glass

On 7/16/2019 at 6:31 AM, huilun02 said:

Everything about the Pixel 3a is not competitive with the market, except for its camera. 'Stock Android' and 'updates' are not really a selling point when Snapdragon devices can get custom roms that are even more 'stock' than Google's phones. And often add on capability that artificially locked down or would otherwise never get added through official updates.

In fact I only use custom roms and always root for Xposed/Xprivacy and a collection of root apps. Doing so allows me to take back my privacy by force and jail apps from access requests that are not required to do their job.

Stock Android and updates were actually my two top reasons for getting that particular phone, lol.