OS SSD Recommendations?

mav91890

Purchased an Intel 660p m.2 1TB and WD Black 2TB drives for game storage. Would prefer to have the intel m.2 solely for game. So what would be a relatively fast, but relatively cheap 128/256GB m.2 nvme SSD for OS and programs? 

I'm kind of confused between all the terminology haha. Want a fast m.2 pcie SSD for OS and some programs. I'm probably screwing something up haha

Just now, mav91890 said:

I'm kind of confused between all the terminology haha. Want a fast m.2 pcie SSD for OS and some programs. I'm probably screwing something up haha

That's alright lol, everyone's gotta learn somehow

NVMe is a really good  technology for large file transfering and stuff like that. Otherwise it's just an extra pricetag you don't need. I would definitely just stick it on one of the SSD's you already have.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Gotcha. I'm not new to building comps but it's been awhile haha. Was thinking maybe do this to free up a bit more space on intel but I guess win 10 and my programs wont take up that much space. Just being ocd. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, mav91890 said:

Gotcha. I'm not new to building comps but it's been awhile haha. Was thinking maybe do this to free up a bit more space on intel but I guess win 10 and my programs wont take up that much space. Just being ocd. Thanks!

You should be just fine. What sizes are they?

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

You should be just fine. What sizes are they?

More than enough, 1TB ssd 2TB hdd. 

Also have a WD 2TB external for movies. I was just being ocd about fitting as much as possible on ssd for load times. Thanks for the help guys.

1 minute ago, mav91890 said:

More than enough, 1TB ssd 2TB hdd. 

Oh yeah don’t even worry about it. My OS is on a 250GB 970 Evo along with basically the entire adobe suite and a game or two. Still have about 70GB.