F@H only getting 1/3 PPD/Performance

Hello recently i have been starting up Folding@Home again GPU&CPU topped on 100% usage while i am doing otrher things on my computer but even then i CLOSED everything and i have 132000 PPD but i have a RX 580 8GB overclocked 1400 Mhz core and 9000Mhz Mem it should reach about 360000 in my experience and with performance benchmarks on a chart i found on overclockers.net what the hell is going on?? plz help

how long was the client running while you got these numbers? sometimes it takes a few WU's to get up to the right PPD.

otherwise in my experience changing the client type to beta in your GPU slot also helps a lot. tough this might just be placebo, since in theory it really shouldn't help.

8 hours ago, RollinLower said:

how long was the client running while you got these numbers? sometimes it takes a few WU's to get up to the right PPD.

otherwise in my experience changing the client type to beta in your GPU slot also helps a lot. tough this might just be placebo, since in theory it really shouldn't help.

Hours

Sometimes though the card runes fine like when i tried tweaking with overclocking and AMD drivers it was fine for a while i am running the newest optional drivers 19.7.1 maybe still a "beta"?? i mean it didnt work on the older drivers either its a clean install with DDU+AMD tool clean install on top of that so when i overclock it has an odd behaviour of slowing down the clocks to 300Mhz mem and core clocks are low too when i reset default settings its like 135K topped and when i close the client and stop folding then overclock 1400Mhz core and 1400Mhz mem and 150% power target 61°c card max it tops off and folds my GPU 100% with core clocks on 1385 something and 9000Mhz mem but its 130k PPD and it should be 350K

41 minutes ago, Redicat said:

Hours

that doesn't really mean anything in F@H. some WU's take like 8 hours to complete depending on the hardware it's running on. 

have you tried changing the client type, and how are your temperatures? just 'hours' is a pretty minimal reply ?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, yaboistar said:

if you want to try GPU core22, set client-type beta

Did you  try? Are they cool?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

On 8/1/2019 at 8:42 PM, yaboistar said:

i almost exclusively run core22

Ok nice, who did you get them? Setting beta or advanced flags doesn't supply me with 22s... maybe at the moment 22 is only run on Nvidia? I am on team red

1 minute ago, yaboistar said:

core22's seem to be in elusive supply unfortunately. currently, beta and advanced flags for me aren't bringing forth any core22 units so i can only assume there are none available. a client option to specify which folding core you want to use would be nice, but i can see that everyone would flock to core22 and leave core21 in the dust. perhaps in future they can migrate their projects onto core22

Hmmm, lucky you!

But sure, selecting cores and also pushing out the new core to fast would essentially kill the purpose of folding! In reality actual science is done and not a hunt for PPD. Although this is wat makes the funn (aprox 32days to gold badge.....)