New Build to replace my old one

Hi everyone

I wanna have a new PC because my old one doesn't keep up anymore with my demands now :)

I'm a package maintainer on a Linux distro and therefore and compile/build tones of packages, my pc runs up to 6 hours continuously (via a script) and goes through a list of packages, sometimes I have packages to build which will take easily +1 hour of build time, this will be my biggest focus right now I do play games as well but not as much as I used to, if I can run it +60 FPS I'm happy.

For this build I don't wanna spend more then 2000 CHF/USD.

I put some parts together but I'm not into these computer parts and not really sure if they fit well together.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HRWw9J

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($499.00 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.95 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($145.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($99.89 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Titanium 650 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Total: $1034.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-14 09:24 EDT-0400

As you can see I do not have a GPU or case.

- I would use my 980TI and would replace if with a non-blower navi card down the line, unless there are better cards (wanna stick to AMD) already out there, I'm using 3x1440p monitors

- I gonna reuse my older SSDs as additional drives

- For the case I'd like to have a airflow focused one.

If you have any other suggestions please let me know, thanks a lot :)

i still have a triple monitor setup, but atm i think it s better a single big monitor (ultra widescreen 49")

10 minutes ago, Alienware_Gamer_ALX said:

i still have a triple monitor setup, but atm i think it s better a single big monitor (ultra widescreen 49")

I got them in a sale so not really planing on buying a new monitor anytime soon

Your build looks excellent. A consideration would be whether you want to wait for the 16 core 3950X or the new Threadripper CPU's.

Here are some cases to consider. The Meshify C is small and you would need to add some good fans to it. The other choices may need more fans too. You could also look at the Silverstone RL06 and the Lian-Li O11 Air/ O11 Dynamic, but they won't fit the Noctua D15 so you would have to change that.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/sjX2FT,fPzkcf,G766Mp/

5 minutes ago, Bearmann said:

Your build looks excellent. A consideration would be whether you want to wait for the 16 core 3950X or the new Threadripper CPU's.

Here are some cases to consider. The Meshify C is small and you would need to add some good fans to it. The other choices may need more fans too. You could also look at the Silverstone RL06 and the Lian-Li O11 Air/ O11 Dynamic, but they won't fit the Noctua D15 so you would have to change that.

well yea, had this thought as well waiting a bit longer (can still upgrade if I wanna do it)  but the issue is a bit I have crashes with that cpu which I don't manage to solve when it's getting tones of load (took it apart already), so it slows me down even more :)

The Meshify C looks nice, I checked the Lian-Li as well and saw as well that the cooler won't fit and the power button placement is a bit troublesome for me :)

8 minutes ago, Girtablulu said:

well yea, had this thought as well waiting a bit longer (can still upgrade if I wanna do it)  but the issue is a bit I have crashes with that cpu which I don't manage to solve when it's getting tones of load (took it apart already), so it slows me down even more :)

The Meshify C looks nice, I checked the Lian-Li as well and saw as well that the cooler won't fit and the power button placement is a bit troublesome for me :)

Here some info on the Meshify C,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqoGsaYJIzU

13 minutes ago, Bearmann said:

Here some info on the Meshify C,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqoGsaYJIzU

thanks for the link

1 hour ago, Bearmann said:

What would be your opinion regarding Asrock X570M Pro4 Mainboard? Some of my friends suggest using it other say don't touch it, looking for reviews right now

1 hour ago, Girtablulu said:

What would be your opinion regarding Asrock X570M Pro4 Mainboard? Some of my friends suggest using it other say don't touch it, looking for reviews right now

It's not good. The Gig Elite you picked out is perfect.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuyuS04lD4o&t=778s

17 hours ago, Bearmann said:

It's not good. The Gig Elite you picked out is perfect.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuyuS04lD4o&t=778s

Thanks for your help, ordered the parts :)

5 minutes ago, Girtablulu said:

Thanks for your help, ordered the parts :)

You're welcome. I didn't notice it earlier, but you could go with 3200-3600 RAM, but its no big deal and the 3000 will be fine. I don't know what your storage needs are, but I usually like to see two forms of storage, one for the C-drive and one for data. That way, you can reformat the C-drive if necessary (virus, malware, corruption, etc.) without losing any data.

Just now, Bearmann said:

You're welcome. I didn't notice it earlier, but you could go with 3200-3600 RAM, but its no big deal and the 3000 will be fine. I don't know what your storage needs are, but I usually like to see two forms of storage, one for the C-drive and one for data. That way, you can reformat the C-drive if necessary (virus, malware, corruption, etc.) without losing any data.

Ah I switched already to 3200HZ Ram and yes going to use the old ssd from my other pc

9 minutes ago, Girtablulu said:

Ah I switched already to 3200HZ Ram and yes going to use the old ssd from my other pc

Great. Did you check to see if your GPU will fit in the Meshify C?

3 minutes ago, Bearmann said:

Great. Did you check to see if your GPU will fit in the Meshify C?

yes with plenty of space left